Summary: This vast, comprehensive reference book and database provides the most current, unbiased, accurate, and reliable drug information available! Updated annually, it contains approximately 1,000 generic drug entries and many more prescription drug products indexed by generic name, U.S. brand name, international brand name, indication, and drug class. Packaged with the book, a CD-ROM provides instant access to the entire database of cross-indexed generic drug entries, as ...show morewell as Drug Master Plus drug interactions software and Patient Drug Consult customizable patient information handouts in English and Spanish.Edition/Copyright: 03
- Comprehensive, disseminating drug information is organized in alphabetical order by generic name for an unbiased and objective one-stop source for the most up-to-date drug information.
- Prescribing information is provided for more than 1,000 complete generic entries, as well as cost of therapy, product identification, international brand names, patient information, Orange Book equivalents, how supplied, and average wholesale price.
- A keyword index offers quick access to monograph information by way of any of the following: generic name, brand name, drug class, and indications.
- The interactive CD-ROM database supplies links to all related topics and sections, enabling the user to locate drug and cost of therapy information through a fast, simple process.
- A search takes just seconds because drugs and most topics are indexed and alphabetized.
- A comprehensive manufacturer list, with addresses, phone and fax numbers, and web addresses, shows the reader where to direct orders, product concerns, or regulatory/medical inquiries.
- Easy-to-use tables compare drugs in same therapeutic class for quick comparisons of the best therapy based on patient needs.
- A drug identification guide helps prevent errors with more than 800 full-color images of the most commonly dispensed tablets and capsules.
- Each drug monograph includes:
- Description, clinical pharmacology, clinical studies, indications and usage, contraindications, warnings, precautions, drug interactions, adverse reactions, drug abuse and dependence, overdosage, dosage and administration, animal pharmacology, references, patient information, and how supplied.
- Also found in the monograph:
- Categories (approved indications, drug class, FDA approval date, innovator drug, and pregnancy category), brand names (US and international), cost of therapy (based on the average wholesale price), and controlled substance schedule. The Product Listing section lists strength (mg, mcg), sizes (100s), AWP (average wholesale price), IHCFA pricing (Health Care Financing Administration), NDC code and FDA bioequivalency ratings.
New to this Edition:
- Many new, complete drugs have been added, bringing this edition fully up to date, in addition to the latest annually updated version of the Drug Master Plus drug interaction database.
- Off label (unapproved) indication information is provided where appropriate.
- New pill images have replaced outdated images to reflect modified appearances of some drugs.
- Up-to-date pricing in drug therapy cost comparisons show the benchmark cost of therapy for treating patients.
- The most current FDA-rated bioequivalence ratings allow for quick decision-making when a dispensing a generic substitution.
- Revised comparative tables assist with choosing the appropriate drug within a drug class.
- Over 100 new English and Spanish Patient Drug Consult handouts are included on the CD-ROM.
Publisher: C.V. Mosby Co.