Summary: Offering 3 stories by 33 authors, 3 X 33 combines both a breadth and depth not seen in other contemporary or modern short fiction anthologies. Edition/Copyright: 05
- Including three stories by each author provides more opportunity for extended and in-depth discussion of that writer's style.
- Contains a broad selection of both canonical and non-canonical writers published in the 2oth and 21st ...show morecenturies, as well as stories that are not often anthologized.
- Introductory essays by well-known fiction writers introduce students to each particular author and offer a writer's perspective on the stories.
- The text is organized alphabetically rather than historically, making it more flexible to teach from.
- Emphasizes North American writers.
- Headnotes for each group of stories provide pertinent biographical information on the authors.
- A website includes links to additional resources and, for a nominal fee, students can gain access to the Gale Literary Resource Center--the most comprehensive collection of literary information and reference materials available online.
- Dramatizations of three of the stories that appear in the book--A WORN PATH, CATEHDRAL and A & P--are on THE HEINLE ORIGINAL FILM SERIES DVD, along with interviews with or about the authors of these pieces of fiction. The DVD is FREE when bundled with the book.
Publisher: Wadsworth, Inc
Year Published: 2005