Offering 3 stories by 33 authors, 3 X 33 combines both a breadth and depth not seen in other contemporary or modern short fiction anthologies.
- Including three stories by each author provides more opportunity for extended and in-depth discussion of that writer's style.
- Contains a broad selection of both canonical and non-canonical writers published in the 2oth and 21st centuries, as well as stories that are not often anthologized.
- Introductory essays by well-known fiction writers introduce students to each particular author and offer a writer's perspective on the stories.
- The text is organized alphabetically rather than historically, making it more flexible to teach from.
- Emphasizes North American writers.
- Headnotes for each group of stories provide pertinent biographical information on the authors.
- A website includes links to additional resources and, for a nominal fee, students can gain access to the Gale Literary Resource Center--the most comprehensive collection of literary information and reference materials available online.
- Dramatizations of three of the stories that appear in the book--A WORN PATH, CATEHDRAL and A & P--are on THE HEINLE ORIGINAL FILM SERIES DVD, along with interviews with or about the authors of these pieces of fiction. The DVD is FREE when bundled with the book.