Summary: The new edition of 50 Literacy Strategies: Step by Step by Gail E. Tompkins is a conveniently organized resource for all elementary and middle school teachers, providing research-based and classroom-tested instructional strategies to develop literacy abilities. Everything you need to know to implement each activity effectively and quickly is included in a consistent, easy-to-understand format.
Each of the instructional strategies outlines:
- Instructional Focus: Whether the strategy develops oral language, phonics/phonemic awareness, fluency, vocabulary, comprehension, writing, spelling, and/or content areas
- Grade Level: Whether the strategy is appropriate for k-2, 3-5 or 6-8
- Scaffolding English Learners: How the strategy is particularly appropriate, or how it can be adapted to better meet the needs of, English Learners
- Step by Step: As always, clearly outlined steps to implement the strategy
- Why and When to Use the Strategy: Sections to help you determine when each activity is most appropriate
- Authentic Student Samples: Artifacts from the classroom that model the responses you will receive from students
The instructional strategies are organized alphabetically and numbered for easy reference. Inside the cover is an index grouping strategies by instructional focus, providing another helpful guide to finding the strategy needed. ...show lessEdition/Copyright: 3RD 09
Publisher: Allyn & Bacon, Inc.