Summary: For one-semester, senior-level courses in Microprocessors, Assembly Language Programming and Microcomputer Design in departments of Electrical Engineering, Engineering Technology, Electronics Technology, and Computer Science. Edition/Copyright: 5TH 04
Designed to demystify the Motorola 68000 microprocessor--its hardware and software--this text leads students on an in-depth, hands-on exploration of more than 75 different applications and then guides them through the construction and prog ...show moreramming of their own working single-board 68000 system. Features :
- NEW - Added chapter on Microcontrollers --Chapter 13.
- Provides students with a detailed treatment of Motorola's 8-, 16-, and 32-bit microcontrollers.
- NEW - Coverage of a new application program--COM68K.
- Allows simple C programs to be compiled into 68000 assembly language code that can be assembled by ASM68K and emulated by EMU68K.
- NEW - Key Terms--Added to each chapter.
- Familiarizes students with the important content of each major area covered.
- NEW - Book-end glossary.
- Supplies students with the definitions of many microprocessor-related terms.
- NEW - Added appendix on the PowerPC.
- Familiarizes students with further coverage on PowerPCs.
- Introductory chapter on microprocessor-based systems.
- Offers students a solid review of the microprocessor--how it functions internally, and how it is used in a small system-- and introduces the ASM68K and EMU68K emulation programs.
- In-depth coverage of the software details of the 68000--Includes the 68000's instruction set and addressing modes in Chapter 3.
- Builds the foundation for all programming in the remaining chapters and eliminates the need for additional references.
- More than 75 programming applications--e.g., The Apple Macintosh computer; commercial video games; network communications controllers; digital flight control computers; and other high-level applications.
- Helps students grasp the material and illustrates the useful tasks performed with the 68000.
- Detailed treatment on programming the 68000.
- Provides students with numerous programming examples to show how the 68000 performs routine functions involving binary and BCD mathematics, string operations, data table manipulation, and control applications.
- Coverage of software emulator, assembler, and compiler.
- Enables students to achieve personal computer emulation of 68000.
- Chapter objectives.
- Alerts students to key content in each area and helps them identify and organize their learning goals.
- Troubleshooting Techniques section in each chapter.
- Gives students real-world tips, techniques, and suggestions on how to work with various hardware and software topics.
- Over 400 chapter-end study questions.
- Challenges students to review and test their understanding of key material before moving on.
- Practical Exercises--Highlights the emphasis on both hardware and software throughout the text.
- Offers students a "hands-on" chance to design, build, and program their own 68000-based computer (Ch. 11).
- Flexible format.
- Enables instructors to cover sections of some chapters out of sequence, or to pick and choose sections from various chapters.
- Extensive set of appendices.
- Rounds out coverage and eliminates the need for additional references.
Publisher: Prentice Hall, Inc.