Summary: ¡A QUE SÍ! is a provocative post-intermediate Spanish conversation book that will motivate your students. Learners develop an important cultural awareness and build the confidence they need to express opinions through oral and written discussion on a variety of timely, personally relevant issues. The book's highly acclaimed thematic organization focuses on topics of general contemporary relevance, which help raise awareness and understanding of Hispanic ...show moreand global issues. Each thematic unit is supported by creative activities and engaging authentic materials, including dozens of new selections in literature, journalism, films, songs, and cartoons.Edition/Copyright: 3RD 05
- NEW! The Third Edition features 16 new, thought-provoking selections that reflect the diversity and changing nature of contemporary Spanish-speaking cultures, including "Hospitalidad, boleros y café recién colado" (Cuba), "Las Plazas Mayores: ayer y hoy" (Costa Rica), and "La cultura del terror" (Chile).
- The readings in ¡A QUE SÍ! have been chosen from a wide variety of sources--literature, newspapers, magazines, comic strips, advertisements, political propaganda, health brochures, songs, and films. Spain and Latin American countries are represented, as are male and female writers and the different races that make up Hispanic culture. The strong human interest component of the reading helps foster lively exchanges and a stimulating classroom environment.
- ¡A QUE SÍ! is organized around four high-interest themes: Cultura popular: Creencias y vivencias, Encuentros y desencuentros, Patria/Nación: Acercamientos, and De acá para allá. These topics were selected for their general contemporary relevance and because they help raise students' awareness and understanding of Hispanic and global issues.
- References to the Internet throughout the book encourage students to explore and further research topics of interest.
- A detachable bookmark provides students with frequently used conversational expressions and function words needed for discussion.
- NEW! A wealth of new activities give students more opportunities for vocabulary practice.
- NEW! New discussion topics require students to think critically about the reading or other authentic materials.
- NEW! The Book Companion Website includes a variety of chapter-specific study aids, including new cultural exploration activities and self-correcting vocabulary and grammar quizzes. Accessible at http://aquesi.heinle.com.
- Units integrate a variety of media, including film recommendations to expand on topics and songs to enliven aural exercises.
- Two vocabulary sections introduce each lesson. Palabra por palabra highlights frequently used Spanish words that appear in the reading. Mejor dicho examines false cognates and other problem words.
- Each reading is accompanied by pre-reading and post-reading activities, which help students to think and speak critically about the issues presented.
Publisher: Heinle & Heinle Publishers, Inc.
Other Editions of A Que Si!: