Summary: With a hands-on approach that includes case studies and learn-by-doing exercises, this new text builds a critical bridge between simply understanding bankruptcy concepts and employing them confidently, like an experienced paralegal. Broad coverage includes basic bankruptcy, debt creation, secured transactions, the law of liens, and debt collection.
Practical, accessible, and timely, The ABCs of Debt features:
* Learning-by-doing exercises, pro ...show moreblems, and hypotheticals that bring a strong hands-on, skill-building component to any study of bankruptcy law
* Broad yet succinct coverage of basic bankruptcy and related topics, such as debt creation, debt collection, and the discharge or reorganization of debt in bankruptcy
* A clear, readable format that facilitates understanding
* Realistic case studies that encourage students to apply new concepts
* Examples throughout the text that make abstract principles concrete
* Case excerpts and summaries that link theory to doctrine
* Thought-provoking ethical queries that raise issues arising in practice
* Key terms and review questions in every chapter that aid study and review
21 more offers below.