This edition has also been released as:
Summary: Academic Literacy combines a mid-level handbook of reading strategies with textbook readings from six different disciplines to help students succeed across the college curriculum. This useful combination of readings and handbook allows instructors great teaching flexibility.Edition/Copyright: 4TH 07
In addition to the many academic readings, Academic Literacy also includes a substantive apparatus of detailed instructions and exercises, techniques for active listening and note taking, ...show moreshort-answer questions, tips on how to prepare for tests, and tests that engage students' critical-thinking skills. It especially emphasizes self-assessment as a way to develop good reading habits.
- New! Approximately fifty percent new readings include works by Brenda Fowler, Andrew Sullivan, and Paul Klebnikov.
- New! A new chapter includes coverage on evaluating Web-based materials.
- Updated!Additional instruction on word structure, major and minor details, and point of view expands students' understanding of these key reading topics.
- Updated! Using Technology activities have been revised and updated for currency. These activities provide students with opportunities to develop critical and creative thinking by integrating computer-based activities with traditional text-based experiences.
- Each chapter in Part Two offers paired readings that present differing viewpoints on the same subject.
Publisher: Houghton Mifflin Harcourt
Year Published: 2007