on Orders of $25 or more*
|Get your books quickly and easily... and pay nothing for shipping. Just order $25 or more and standard shipping is on us (excludes Marketplace and Rental offerings).|
|$3.99 flat rate|
|UPS 2nd Day Air*||$11.99 flat rate|
|UPS Next Day Air*||$19.98 flat rate|
* Not available for PO boxes and APO/FPO
** Saturday delivery is only available in certain areas. UPS standard rates apply.
*** Separate shipping rates apply for bulk orders
Multiculturalism in the Context of Life and Living.
Multicultural Counseling within the Human Services.
SECTION I: INFLUENCES IN AND UNDERSTANDING OF CROSS-CULTURAL EXPERIENCES.
1. Assessing Your Baseline of Multicultural Awareness.
2. Assumptions about Others: A Group Exercise.
3. Getting in Touch with Your Own Values.
4. How Do You Relate to Various Groups in the Society?
5. An Assessment of Multicultural Contacts.
6. What It Is Like to Be a Person of a Different Cultural (or Subcultural) Heritage.
7. Identifying Sources of Multicultural Information.
SECTION II: CULTURAL SELF-AWARENESS.
1. United States Value Orientation.
2. What Do You Believe about the Human Experience?
3. Stereotypes versus Reality.
4. What Are Your Roots?
5. A Family/Culture Interview.
6. Thinking about Your Family Heritage.
7. Cultural Impacts upon Counseling.
SECTION III: HEIGHTENING OUR AWARENESS AND KNOWLEDGE OF OTHERS.
1. Assimilation versus Cultural Pluralism.
2. Comparing Cultural Values.
3. Friendship Networks.
4. Can You Remember?
5. Learning to Be Sensitive.
6. Discoveries through Travel.
7. Interviewing Different Cultures.
8. Cultural Profiles.
9. Activities to Discover Human Diversity.
SECTION IV: AWARENESS AND KNOWLEDGE OF SOCIOPOLITICAL ISSUES.
1. Getting in Touch with Your Own Social Identity.
2. Influences of Social Identity.
3. Imagine that Your Social Identity Changed.
4. Challenging Your Thoughts.
5. Can You Recognize Cultural Bias?
6. Biting Your Own Tongue.
7. Prejudice: A Circular Trap.
8. Assessing Experiences in Discrimination
9. Field Study and Observation.
SECTION V: GETTING AHEAD IN THE UNITED STATES.
1. How Do You Relate to the Educational Experience?
2. What Were Your Own Formal Schooling Experiences Like?
3. Peers and Classmates of Difference.
4. Teachers, Administrators, and Others of Difference.
5. Working with Others of Difference.
6. Types of Work Ethics.
7. What Is Important in Your Work and Career?
8. Can You Identify Certain Aspects of Your Career Development?
9. My Current Career Goal.
10. What If You Were the Counselor in a Culturally Diverse School?
SECTION VI: GROWTH AND DEVELOPMENT.
1. Reconstructing Your Early (and Current) Primary Family Experiences.
2. A Worldview.
3. Multicultural Flexibility.
4. Assessment of Human Attributes.
5. Assessing Awareness from Life and Living.
6. Identifying Resources and Environments of Personal and Social Development.
7. Assessing Quality in Human Support Systems .
8. Thinking about Others' Lives and How They Are Lived: Transcultural Experiential.
9. Simultation Exercises.
SECTION VII: APPROACHES TO COUNSELING AND COUNSELING INTERACTIONS.
1. Constructs for Guiding Life and Living.
2. Understanding Counseling and Psychotherapy Approaches.
3. How Do You Relate to Eclectic and Synergetic Approaches to Counseling and Psychotherapy?
4. Therapeutic Beliefs and Practices Not Indigenous to the Euro-American Culture.
5. Exploring Ethical Issues and Standards.
6. Cultural Awareness in Providing Human Services.
7. Cultural Applications in Providing Human Services.
SECTION VIII: MULTICULTURALISM AS A FORCE AND INFLUENCE IN HUMAN RELATIONSHIPS.
1. Bicultural Identification.
2. Subcultural Identification.
3. Multicultural Identification.
4. Summarizing the Issues of Human Service Helping in a Multicultural Society.
SECTION IX: SELECTED ISSUES AND CONCERNS IN MULTICULTURALISM.
1. Concerns in Multiculturalism.
2. Issues in Multiculturalism.
3. Contributing to Multiculturalism in Today's World.
APPENDIX A: SELECTED RESOURCES FOR DIVERSE POPULATIONS.
APPENDIX B: QUESTIONNAIRE AND FORMS FOR USE IN INTERVIEWING YOU AND OTHER CULTURAL GROUPS.
APPENDIX C: JOURNAL OF CRITICAL THOUGHTS IN MULTICULTURALISM: A RECORD OF REACTIONS TO MULTICULTURAL EXPERIENCES.
Get Free Shipping on orders over $25 (not including Rental and Marketplace). Order arrives in 5-10 business days.
Need it faster?
We offer fast, flat-rate expedited shipping options.
|Sell it back by:|
|Guaranteed cash back:|
|Cost of this book|
after cash back:
Take advantage of Guaranteed Cash Back. Send your book to us in good condition before the end of the buyback period, we'll send YOU a check, and you'll pay less for your textbooks!
When you're done with this book, sell it back to Textbooks.com. In addition to the best possible buyback price, you'll get an extra 10% cash back just for being a customer.
We buy good-condition used textbooks year 'round, 24/7. No matter where you bought it, Textbooks.com will buy your textbooks for the most cash.
Being online is not required for reading an eTextbook after successfully downloading it. You must only be connected to the Internet duringthe download process.
What is the Marketplace?
It's another way for you to get the right price on the books you need. We approved every Marketplace vendor to sell their books on Textbooks.com, so you know they're all reliable.
What are Marketplace shipping options?
Marketplace items do not qualify for free shipping. When ordering from the Marketplace, please specify whether you want the seller to send your book Standard ($3.99/item) or Express ($6.99/item). To get free shipping over $25, just order directly from Textbooks.com instead of through the Marketplace.
FREE UPS 2nd Day Air TermsRental and Marketplace items are excluded. Offer is valid from 1/21/2013 12:00PM to 1/23/2013 11:59AM CST. Your order must be placed by 12 Noon CST to be processed on the same day. Minimum order value is $100.00 excluding Rental and Marketplace items. To redeem this offer, select "FREE UPS 2ND DAY AIR" at checkout. Offer not is not valid on previous orders.