Learning Multiculturalism. Multiculturalism in the Context of Life and Living. Multicultural Counseling within the Human Services.
SECTION I: INFLUENCES IN AND UNDERSTANDING OF CROSS-CULTURAL EXPERIENCES.
1. Assessing Your Baseline of Multicultural Awareness. 2. Assumptions about Others: A Group Exercise. 3. Getting in Touch with Your Own Values. 4. How Do You Relate to Various Groups in the Society? 5. An Assessment of Multicultural Contacts. 6. What It Is Like to Be a Person of a Different Cultural (or Subcultural) Heritage. 7. Identifying Sources of Multicultural Information. 8. Summary.
SECTION II: CULTURAL SELF-AWARENESS.
1. United States Value Orientation. 2. What Do You Believe about the Human Experience? 3. Stereotypes versus Reality. 4. What Are Your Roots? 5. A Family/Culture Interview. 6. Thinking about Your Family Heritage. 7. Cultural Impacts upon Counseling. 8. Summary.
SECTION III: HEIGHTENING OUR AWARENESS AND KNOWLEDGE OF OTHERS.
1. Assimilation versus Cultural Pluralism. 2. Comparing Cultural Values. 3. Friendship Networks. 4. Can You Remember? 5. Learning to Be Sensitive. 6. Discoveries through Travel. 7. Interviewing Different Cultures. 8. Cultural Profiles. 9. Activities to Discover Human Diversity. 10. Summary.
SECTION IV: AWARENESS AND KNOWLEDGE OF SOCIOPOLITICAL ISSUES.
1. Getting in Touch with Your Own Social Identity. 2. Influences of Social Identity. 3. Imagine that Your Social Identity Changed. 4. Challenging Your Thoughts. 5. Can You Recognize Cultural Bias? 6. Biting Your Own Tongue. 7. Prejudice: A Circular Trap. 8. Assessing Experiences in Discrimination 9. Field Study and Observation. 10. Summary.
SECTION V: GETTING AHEAD IN THE UNITED STATES.
1. How Do You Relate to the Educational Experience? 2. What Were Your Own Formal Schooling Experiences Like? 3. Peers and Classmates of Difference. 4. Teachers, Administrators, and Others of Difference. 5. Working with Others of Difference. 6. Types of Work Ethics. 7. What Is Important in Your Work and Career? 8. Can You Identify Certain Aspects of Your Career Development? 9. My Current Career Goal. 10. What If You Were the Counselor in a Culturally Diverse School? 11. Summary.
SECTION VI: GROWTH AND DEVELOPMENT.
1. Reconstructing Your Early (and Current) Primary Family Experiences. 2. A Worldview. 3. Multicultural Flexibility. 4. Assessment of Human Attributes. 5. Assessing Awareness from Life and Living. 6. Identifying Resources and Environments of Personal and Social Development. 7. Assessing Quality in Human Support Systems . 8. Thinking about Others' Lives and How They Are Lived: Transcultural Experiential. 9. Simultation Exercises. 10. Summary.
SECTION VII: APPROACHES TO COUNSELING AND COUNSELING INTERACTIONS.
1. Constructs for Guiding Life and Living. 2. Understanding Counseling and Psychotherapy Approaches. 3. How Do You Relate to Eclectic and Synergetic Approaches to Counseling and Psychotherapy? 4. Therapeutic Beliefs and Practices Not Indigenous to the Euro-American Culture. 5. Exploring Ethical Issues and Standards. 6. Cultural Awareness in Providing Human Services. 7. Cultural Applications in Providing Human Services. 8. Summary.
SECTION VIII: MULTICULTURALISM AS A FORCE AND INFLUENCE IN HUMAN RELATIONSHIPS.
1. Bicultural Identification. 2. Subcultural Identification. 3. Multicultural Identification. 4. Summarizing the Issues of Human Service Helping in a Multicultural Society. 5. Summary.
SECTION IX: SELECTED ISSUES AND CONCERNS IN MULTICULTURALISM.
1. Concerns in Multiculturalism. 2. Issues in Multiculturalism. 3. Contributing to Multiculturalism in Today's World.
APPENDIX A: SELECTED RESOURCES FOR DIVERSE POPULATIONS. APPENDIX B: QUESTIONNAIRE AND FORMS FOR USE IN INTERVIEWING YOU AND OTHER CULTURAL GROUPS. APPENDIX C: JOURNAL OF CRITICAL THOUGHTS IN MULTICULTURALISM: A RECORD OF REACTIONS TO MULTICULTURAL EXPERIENCES.
3rd Edition. Used - Good. Used books may have used stickers on the cover, and do not include online codes or other supplements unless noted. Choose EXPEDITED shipping for faster delivery! n
Free Shipping Get Free Shipping on orders over $25 (not including Rental and Marketplace). Order arrives in 5-10 business days.
Need it faster? We offer fast, flat-rate expedited shipping options.
Not the right book for you? We'll gladly take it back within 30 days.
To return an eTextbook:
Your eTextbook is non-returnable once it's been activated. You must contact us about returning your eTextbook before you activate it.
Returns are accepted within 30 days of the purchase date on your order confirmation.
This book qualifies for guaranteed cash back! Buy it now for , then:
Sell it back by:
Guaranteed cash back:
Cost of this book after cash back:
Take advantage of Guaranteed Cash Back. Send your book to us in good condition before the end of the buyback period, we'll send YOU a check, and you'll pay less for your textbooks!
If you find this book for less on Amazon.com (direct from Amazon, not marketplace sellers), we'll match it.
In our warehouse, waiting to ship directly to you.
We hand-inspect every used textbook to make sure it's in good condition.
Buy it now. Sell it later!
Sell this textbook for cash!
When you're done with this book, sell it back to Textbooks.com. In addition to the the best possible buyback price, you'll get an extra 10% cash back just for being a customer.
We buy good-condition used textbooks year 'round, 24/7. No matter where you bought it, Textbooks.com will buy your textbooks for the most cash.
We hand-inspect every one of our used textbooks to ensure good condition.
Our used textbooks do NOT have:
Missing or torn pages
Missing or torn cover
Torn or damaged binding
A broken spine
This textbook has never been used.
Due to the size of eTextbooks, a high-speed internet connection (cable modem, DSL, LAN) is required for download stability and speed. Your connection can be wired or wireless.
Being online is not required for reading an eTextbook after successfully downloading it. You must only be connected to the Internet during the download process.
Windows XP, Windows Vista or Mac OS X 10.3 or above
At least 280 MB RAM, a 600 mHZ processor and 110 MB of hard drive space
1024x768 (or larger) screen resolution
What is the Marketplace? It's another way for you to get the right price on the books you need. We approved every Marketplace vendor to sell their books on Textbooks.com, so you know they're all reliable.
What are Marketplace shipping options? Marketplace items do not qualify for free shipping. When ordering from the Marketplace, please specify whether you want the seller to send your book Standard ($3.99/item) or Express ($6.99/item). To get free shipping over $25, just order directly from Textbooks.com instead of through the Marketplace.
FREE UPS 2nd Day Air Terms
Rental and Marketplace items are excluded. Offer is valid from 1/21/2013 12:00PM to 1/23/2013 11:59AM CST. Your order must be placed by 12 Noon CST to be processed on the same day. Minimum order value is $100.00 excluding Rental and Marketplace items. To redeem this offer, select "FREE UPS 2ND DAY AIR" at checkout. Offer not is not valid on previous orders.
Compared to the prices of new and used, sold directly from Amazon.com (not marketplace sellers). If you find Amazon.com directly selling the textbook for a lower price, WE'LL MATCH IT...GUARANTEED. details