Summary: For one-semester courses in AIS at the undergraduate or graduate level. Edition/Copyright: 9TH 03
This market-leading text reflects how information technology (IT) is altering the very nature of accounting, discussing how developments such as the Internet, electronic commerce, EDI, and databases are fundamentally transforming the way organizations conduct their business activities. The authors also explore ways in which accountants can improve the design and function of Accounting ...show moreInformation Systems (AIS) so that they truly add value to the organization
- NEW--Updated and expanded coverage of eBusiness (now in Chapter 3)--Topics include how the Internet, electronic commerce, EDI, and databases are fundamentally transforming business activities, as well as how these IT developments are changing the way that businesses must account for the result of those activities.
- NEW--Expanded discussion of the REA data model (Chapter 5)--Features more detail on commitment events.
- NEW--Revised SysTrust coverage (Chapter 8)--Now follows the same structure and format as the AICPA's new service, with assurance that an information system in reliable.
- NEW--ERP and XBRL--All of the cycle chapters (Chapters 11-15) now presuppose the use of an ERP system and contrasts it with legacy systems. Other important topics, such as XBRL (Chapter 15), are also covered.
- NEW--Expanded supplements package--New practice sets, casebooks, and on-line courses.
- NEW--THE GETTING STARTED SERIES available free with new texts--Introduce your students to the most current releases of the leading software packages: Quickbooks, Peachtree, Excel, and Simply Accounting by packaging your choice of a free 70-page manual with new copies of Romney/Steinbart! Add Peachtree or Simply Accounting Software for a nominal price.
- NEW--Microsoft Excel for Accounting: Auditing and AIS--Is available at a nominal charge with new text purchase.
- NEW--New supplements.
- Free Online courses in Blackboard and CourseCompass.
- New Comprehensive Assurance and Systems Tool by Buckless/Ingraham/Jenkins.
- New Getting Started with Excel for AIS and Auditing ($5.00 w/text purchase).
- New Free Getting Started with Peachtree, QuickBooks or Simply Accounting manuals.
- Peachtree Complete and Simply Accounting Software offers: package your choice of these software programs (contain full functionality) for only $10.00 net with new text purchase.
Publisher: Prentice Hall, Inc.
Year Published: 2003