ADESSO! is a complete introductory Italian program that takes a communicative and functional approach to learning language. Practical skills are emphasized, without compromising the formal skills of the language. The objective of the text is to provide beginning students of Italian with a functional tool for learning how to use the Italian language in real-life situations.
- NEW! A new Il Mondo Digitale section has been added to the Third Edition and is located in each chapter after the second "Tema." This new section incorporates Internet related activities and emphasizes today's technology.
- Grammar is introduced incrementally; presentations follow an inductive approach.
- NEW! New "Sintesi" sections now appear after every few chapters, synthesizing and systematically recycling structures and vocabulary.
- NEW! The grammar and vocabulary has been streamlined based on extensive user feedback focusing on the topics instructors feel are most appropriate. There is more interactive practice than ever with additional group and pair activities as well as activities set in real life contexts.
- NEW! New and interesting authentic materials including up to date realia have now been incorporated. In addition, new background activation activities have been added to the beginning of each "Tema." These activities help to aid students in applying what they already know about Italian culture.
- NEW! The annotations in the Annotated Instructor's Edition have been enhanced and improved and now include teaching tips, classroom management strategies, preview activities, and warm-up activities.
- NEW! An English-Italian glossary has been added to the text and pronunciation sections are now located on the Text Audio CD.
- NEW! A new video has been added to the program to provide additional cultural exposure and knowledge. Related video activities are now located in the Workbook/Lab Manual.
- ADESSO! is organized by themes, each with its own functional focus. Each chapter has two themes and the corresponding exercises are correlated to these themes which helps to reinforce what the students are learning. In addition, these lessons are consistently recycled throughout new chapters to allow the students to review and expand on their previously acquired language and communication skills in different contexts.
- There are two culture modules per chapter with accompanying activities to expand the student's cultural knowledge and practice their language skills at the same time. Extensive cultural notes with pre-reading activities provide more opportunities to develop reading skills.