Summary: The complete guide to adjusting for measurement error--expanded and updatedEdition/Copyright: 4TH 06
No measurement is ever exact. Adjustment Computations updates a classic, definitive text on surveying with the latest methodologies and tools for analyzing and adjusting errors with a focus on least squares adjustments, the most rigorous methodology available and the one on which accuracy standards for surveys are based.
Extensively updated, this Fourth Edition covers basic t ...show moreerms and fundamentals of errors and methods of analyzing them and progresses to specific adjustment computations and spatial information analysis. Each chapter includes practical examples, illustrations, and sample practice problems. Current and comprehensive, the book features:
Adjustment Computations, Fourth Edition is an invaluable reference and self-study resource for working surveyors, photogrammetrists, and professionals who use GPS and GIS for data collection and analysis, including oceanographers, urban planners, foresters, geographers, and transportation planners. It's also an indispensable resource for students preparing for licensing exams and the ideal textbook for courses in surveying, civil engineering, forestry, cartography, and geology. ...show less
- Easy-to-understand language and an emphasis on real-world applications
- Extensive coverage of the treatment of GPS-acquired data
- New chapters on analyzing data in three dimensions, confidence intervals, statistical testing, and more
- Extensively updated STATS, ADJUST, and MATRIX software packages
- A new companion CD & web site with a 150-page solutions manual, software, MathCAD worksheets, and view graphs
- The latest information on advanced topics such as blunder detection and the method of general least squares
Publisher: John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
Year Published: 2006