This edition has also been released as:
Summary: This undergraduate text presents the theory and practice of the administration of physical education and sport programs in an easy-to-read, easy-to-use format. With a strong background in history, Administration of Physical Education and Sport Programs addresses current topics and trends in management and administration, while investigating the future of athletic administration. From the basics of management and administration to more topic-specific chapters discussi ...show moreng public relations, communications, and law, the text covers everything students need for administration courses. Edition/Copyright: 5TH 04
New to This Edition
- The text's new co-author, David S. Stotlar, past president of the North American Society for Sport Management, is a highly respected academic who has published over fifty articles, books, and textbook chapters on sport management.
- The fully revised public relations chapter takes into account the wide range of issues that now confront athletic administrators.
- New insurance and legal issues addressed include new material on transferring risks, new cases on risk management and swimming pools, updated material on exculpatory waivers and releases, and new guidelines for safety requirements in physical education and sport programs.
- Additional new material covers facility management, staffing, financing and funding facilities, as well as a complete update of references.
- Case studies introduce each chapter, piquing reader interest.
- Critical thinking scenarios invite students to apply what they have learned by answering questions about the situations described.
- Learning tools include chapter objectives, summaries, management quotes, key action illustrations, and tables.
- Additional resources in appendices provide many useful addresses and forms helpful for administrators.
Publisher: W.C.Brown Pub.Co.
Year Published: 2004
Other Editions of Administration of Physical Education and Sport Programs: