Summary: Administrative Medical Assisting, 5th edition, is the most comprehensive, hands-on text and workbook learning package available for medical office administration students and professionals. The text features a new chapter on office managerial responsibilities, compliance topics integrated throughout the text, and content on computer use in the medical office integrated within the chapters. The text emphasizes a customer-service approach to the provision of health car ...show moree. Guidelines leading to an improved health care consumer/provider relationship are included in each chapter. Icons identify content on legal issues, patient education, computer applications, related workbook exercises, and resources. Job skills are provided in a step-by-step format.Edition/Copyright: 5TH 04
- New 4-color design highlights the numerous features of the 5th edition and enhances the usability of the text.
- More than 70 step-by-step procedures for medical office job skills that support the practical exercises in the workbook.
- Learning objectives at the beginning of each chapter followed by skill performance objectives.
- RMA competencies and CMA competencies are listed for each chapter to link content to performance and professional credentials.
- Stop and Think critical thinking situations include a case study, questions to promote problem solving, and suggested responses to the situation.
- Compliance boxes emphasize the responsibilities of the administrative medical assistant in protecting the privacy of patient information/records in response to HIPAA regulations.
- Heart of the Health Care Worker focuses on customer service issues and medical assistant responsibilities in each chapter.
- Emphasis on patient education, both for preserving wellness and managing illness.
Publisher: Delmar Publications
Year Published: 2004
Other Editions of Administrative Medical Assisting / With CD: