For undergraduate courses in Adult Health Nursing or Medical-Surgical Nursing. Drawing from a broad base of knowledge in the biologic, physical and social sciences as well as pathophysiology and current medical, surgical and nursing therapies in order to teach effective nursing practice and produce nurses who are vital members of the health care team, this text presents comprehensive nursing management of adults with medical and surgical problems in a clear, concise and in-depth manner. Also discussed are preventive aspects and health promotion issues.
- NEW - Enhanced discharge planning and home/community care sections.
- Provides additional information for these increasingly important areas of nursing.
- NEW - Chapters on chronic illness and rehabilitation.
- Provides instructors with complete treatment of chronic illnesses and rehabilitation in response to requests from reviews of the first edition.
- NEW - 16 additional 4-color slides.
- Provides visual clarification of complex areas with color illustrations from which students can study.
- NEW - Unique 13 Volume Format.
- Makes text more portable. Allows students to easily carry book to be used in the clinical setting.
- Consistent format throughout - Each chapter consistently covers pathophysiology, incidence and epidemiology, clinical findings, diagnostic studies, treatment, complications, prognosis, nursing management and evaluation/desired outcomes.
- This adds to readability and ease of use. The consistency makes it easy for students to find information quickly.
- Over 350 charts - Includes nursing management care plans, teaching plans assists, nursing diagnosis charts and list procedures, assessments and guidelines.
- Helps to promote classroom discussion and understanding of concepts by putting them into action.
- Over 1000 illustrations - Many in color.
- Calls attention to pertinent and complex information for students and increases topic comprehension.
- Over 150 drug tables - Located where needed within the context of the book, each listing actions and side effects.
- Provides nursing students with a quick reference to major drugs without consulting a separate book.
- User-friendly, detail-oriented text - Includes complex data followed by examples, special diagrams and chapter objectives.
- Provides maximum learning pedagogy allowing nursing students to use their study time efficiently and effectively.
- Enhanced index - Identifies whether information is located in chart, figure or table form.
- Allows students and instructors to easily find specific information.
- Comprehensive chapters on Emergency Nursing and Critical Care Nursing.
- Teaches nursing students the specialized skills necessary for rapid decision making, quick and accurate assessment, and appropriate intervention critical in this area.
- Classroom tested electrocardiogram diagrams and ECG strips.
- Provides nursing students with practice for electrocardiograph interpretation which is expected of nurses entering the field today.