Summary: The #1 advanced accounting text, Advanced Accounting, Seventh Edition, by Fischer/Taylor/Cheng, links theory and practice with constant emphasis on the logic of procedures. Additionally, this is the only significant Advanced Accounting text which uses the horizontal approach to work sheets, the format routinely used in business.Edition/Copyright: 7TH 99
- The 7th Edition includes the latest FASB's and e ...show morexposure drafts. Two new appendices focus on the existing FASB proposals for new consolidation procedures.
- Improved and updated coverage of accounting for the taxation of the consolidated firm.
- Complete Coverage: Advanced Accounting, by FTC, has the most complete coverage of advanced topics than any other similar text on the market.
- Excellent End-of-Chapter Material: Includes questions which require students to evaluate the accounting effect of various alternatives. Additionally, all chapters have an abundance of examples and exhibits to explain procedures in a step-by-step manner.
- Superior Support Material: The support package contains, among other items, a Student Companion Enrichment Manual that provides reproductions of the text work sheets, additional explanations, SEC and branch accounting enrichment background information and a complete study guide.
- Comprehensive Consolidations Coverage: This text includes 8 complete chapters on consolidations, with two appendices also presenting the contemporary FASB theory in this area (Parent Company Theory and Economic Unit Theory). The coverage, presented in a trial-balance/horizontal worksheet approach, also includes the simple and cost equity methods throughout the text.
Publisher: South-Western Publishing Co.
Year Published: 1999