Summary: For intermediate or advanced Java programming courses in departments of Computer Science, CIS, MIS, IT, Business, and Continuing Education. Edition/Copyright: 02
Expanding on the world's best-selling Java textbook, Advanced Java 2 Platform How to Program includes an in-depth discussion of advanced topics, aiding developers in producing significant, scalable Java applications and distributed systems. Primarily based on Java 2 Enterprise Edition (J2EE) 1.2.1, Advanced Java 2 Plat ...show moreform How to Program integrates many technologies such as Extensible Markup Language (XML), JavaBeans, Security, Java Database Connectivity (JDBC), JavaServer Pages (JSP), servlets, Remote Method Invocation (RMI) and Enterprise JavaBeans (EJB) into a production-quality system that allows developers to benefit from the leverage and platform independence provided by the Java 2 Enterprise Edition. The book also features the development of a complete, end-to-end e-business solution using advanced Java technologies.
- Signature Live Code Approach Language features are presented in the context of a wide variety of complete working programs. Features thousands of lines of code in hundreds of complete working programs.
- Outstanding, consistent and applied pedagogyIcons throughout identify Software Engineering Observations; Good Programming Practices; Common Programming Errors; Portability Tips; Performance Tips, Testing and Debugging Tips, and Look-and-Feel Observations.
- Provides hundreds of valuable programming tips and facilitates learning.
- Extensive set of interesting exercises and substantial projects.
- Students can apply what they've learned in each chapter.
- In full color.
- Syntax coloring helps students better interpret code.
- CD-ROM with each text.
- Includes Java 2 Software Development Kit, Standard Edition, Version 1.3.1 for Windows and Linux (Intel x86); Forte for Java, Release 2.0, Community Edition IDE for all platforms; Informix® Cloudscape 3.6.4 (database); Apache's Jakarta Tomcat 3.2.2, Java Plug-In HTM Converter 1.3, Java Media Framework API 2.1.1; source code for all the book's examples; and hyperlinks to Java demos and Internet resources.
- Also available with the Multimedia Cyber Classroom In The Complete Advanced Java2 Platform Training Course, Student Edition (CD-ROM version: 0-13-091275-1; Web-based version: 0-13-093043-1).
- Provides extra hands-on experience and study aids for a minimal additional cost. Includes many hours of detailed, expert audio walkthroughs of the book's hundreds of live-code examples; post-assessment exams with hundreds of short answer questions (all with answers); hundreds of self-review exercises drawn from the text (all with answers); hundreds of programming exercises from the main text (these exercises don't have answers in the main text, but half of these exercises have answers in The Complete Training Course); hundreds of tips that are marked with icons and show how to write Java code that's portable, reusable, and optimized for performance; and full-text searching and hyperlinking.
Cover: Multimedia Set
Publisher: Prentice Hall, Inc.