Summary: Advanced Practice in Nursing and the Allied Health Professions enables nurses and members of allied health professions to effectively diagnose and treat patients, in a wide variety of settings. It is especially relevant in regions where access to other health providers is limited.
This new, completely revised, third edition shows how advanced practice continues to develop in response to the impact of health service reforms, the introduction of health polici ...show morees aimed at developing a patient-led service based in primary care and changes in working conditions. Advanced Practice in Nursing and the Allied Health Professions presents an examination of the potential for advanced practitioners, at all levels, to have a significant effect on the health of the population and provide holistic care for the sick. Practice is identified as the central and most important feature of the advanced role in nursing and allied health professions.
Advanced Practice in Nursing and the Allied Health Professions also considers:
* The development of advanced practice in nursing and the allied health professions and the implications for future health and social care services;
* Challenging professional boundaries that hinder the provision of care and pioneering innovation within a diverse society;
* The relationship between health policy and service reforms, current and future advanced roles;
* International developments in advanced practice;
* Leadership, management in relation to advanced roles;
* The responsibilities of advanced practitioners in meeting healthcare needs in a diversesociety;
* Educating advanced practitioners and tracking their career development;
* The future possibilities for advanced practice and an agenda for research. ...show less