Summary: Advanced Reading Power, by Beatrice S. Mikulecky and Linda Jeffries, is a student-centered reading skills textbook based on a cognitive skills approach. Its four key sections, designed to be used concurrently, help advanced students master reading skills needed for academic success: Edition/Copyright: 07
- Extensive Reading helps students to build reading fluency, increase comprehension, and broaden vocabulary.
- Vocabular ...show morey Building includes numerous strategies for learning vocabulary, including using context clues, analyzing word parts, and noticing collocations.
- Comprehension Skills teaches reading skills, such as making inferences, recognizing patterns of organization, and reading critically.
- Reading Faster features high-interest, nonfiction selections that help students improve their reading rate and flexibility.
- A variety of authentic reading selections, including excerpts from college textbooks, promotes purposeful reading.
- Focus on Vocabulary sections provide practice with academic vocabulary from the unit.
- Comprehension exercises encourage students to interact with the text and develop an awareness of their own reading and thinking processes.
Publisher: Prentice Hall, Inc.
Year Published: 2007
Other Editions of Advanced Reading Power - With Smith : Explor.: