Summary: In response to market demand, Principles of Taxation: Advanced Strategies, by Sally Jones and Shelley Rhoades-Catanach, was developed to provide coverage of advanced tax topics. This book is ideal for students who studied Principles of Taxation for Business and Investment Planning in their introductory tax course. The two textbooks provide an integrated two-semester sequence of topics that represent a complete educational package for tax students. Nevertheless, Advan ...show moreced Strategies is written in a self-contained manner. While its approach is consistent with Principles, the technical content builds on knowledge that students should know from their introductory tax course, regardless of the textbook used. Advanced Strategies explores the tax consequences of many, sophisticated business, financial, and personal wealth-planning transactions.The discussion of tax issues emphasizes the development and implementation of strategies to make transactions as tax efficient as possible to all parties involved. Many of the tax strategies are analyzed in terms of their impact on net cash flows and on the income statements and balance sheets of the transacting parties. Edition/Copyright: 4TH 05
- Advanced Strategies, downplays extraneous tax code details and focuses on concepts as the tax codes are constantly changing and it is most important that the student understand the reasoning behind the tax codes and the concepts.
- The new edition of Jones explores tax consequences of many types of sophisticated business, financial, and personal wealth-planning transactions.
- Each transaction is presented in a business context and the non-tax motivations and goals are examined before the tax issues are identified.
- Addresses all technical topics specified in the AICPA's Model Curriculum for the advanced tax course.
- Topics are organized functionally, according to the type of business transaction to which they relate. This provides a superior conceptual framework that will help students understand the rationale behind complicated technical rules.
- The conceptual framework helps students recognize common themes that unite many seemingly unrelated topics and, in doing so, increases their understanding of the basic structure of tax law.
- Provides distinctive end-of-chapter material including Questions and Problems for Discussion, Application Problems, Issue Recognition Problems, Research Problems and Tax Planning Cases, all of which helps the student to become comfortable with navigating and analyzing tax laws as they apply to accounting.
Publisher: Richard D. Irwin, Inc.
Year Published: 2005
Other Editions of Advanced Strategies in Taxation: