Summary: Like other aspects of business, good advertising is the result of hard work and careful planning. Creating good advertising is an enormous challenge. Imaginative and refreshingly honest, Advertising 3e continues the tradition of providing readers with a solid understanding of advertising strategy. The table of contents is designed to follow the same process that advertising agencies follow. Advertising 3e delights the eyes with over 400 ads and exhibits. Magazine qua ...show morelity visuals, a hallmark feature, blend with a sound treatment of advertising principles to provide a cutting-edge look into the exciting world of advertising and new media. Edition/Copyright: 3RD 03
- NEW! Integrated Brand Promotion: To highlight the increased importance of branding, the authors expanded coverage of this critical topic to drive home the significance of successful brand awareness. IBP has been integrated throughout each chapter to emphasize the importance of advertising in building brand awareness.
- All New "Using the Internet" Exercises: These exercises are designed to develop students' critical thinking skills by having them examine the effectiveness of various Internet based advertisements. Application questions are provided for each exercise, and require students to apply the concepts taught in each chapter. Suggested answers to all of the "Using the Internet" exercises are included in the Instructor's Manual.
- Compelling Fundamentals: While setting the standard for coverage of new media topics, the text's strength lies in its compelling presentation of the fundamentals of advertising. This includes all the key issues involved in preparing a sound advertising plan.
- Engaging Visuals: A hallmark feature that provides students with a wonderful backdrop to see how advertising concepts are applied. Advertising and Integrated Brand Promotion, 3e delights the eyes with over 400 ads and exhibits. The use of high-quality paper combines with a dynamic, magazine-style presentation to enhance the visual impact of each ad!
- Awesome Ancillary Package: The extensive package starts with the Instructor's Manual that contains extensive lecture outlines. It continues with a completely revised written Test Bank, Computerized Test Bank, Instructor's Resource CD-ROM, PowerPoint Presentation slides, and updated Video library. Finally, WebTutor Advantage (available on both WebCT and Blackboard) further enhances your distance and on-line course options.
- Packaging Option: For an additional charge, instructors can choose to bundle Shay Sayre's Campaign Planner for Promotion and IMC (ISBN 0-324-15197-7) with Advertising 3e. Through the use of advertising, public relations, and the promotional mix, students are asked to provide solutions for a chosen client's promotional problem. Acting as a simulated agency, students follow a 10-step guide that helps explain the process of planning, executing, and delivering successful campaigns.
- NEW! Cincinnati Bell Wireless Case Study: This popular end-of-part feature traces the evolution of a real IBP campaign from its inception through its execution. Updated from the previous edition, the CBW case helps students better understand IBP by examining the topic in two ways. First, each section begins by discussing the basics of IBP and methods for creating integrated brand promotion. Second, each section applies the basic principles of IBP to the campaign developed by Cincinnati Bell Wireless. Students come away with a better understanding of how a top-notch telecommunications company uses IBP strategies and techniques to attract new customers in a fiercely competitive marketplace.
- NEW! Updated Social, Ethical, and Regulatory Coverage: Chapter 4, "Social, Ethical, and Regulatory Aspects of Advertising," has been revised to provide current coverage of important issues such as the non-commercial use of advertising in the war against drugs, children's advertising, privacy issues, on-line contests and sweepstakes, and more.
- NEW! Updated Research Coverage - Chapter 7, "Advertising Research" has been significantly revised to provide students with information on the most recent advertising research tools, including idea generation, concept testing, and audience definition and profiling.
- NEW! Updated Direct Marketing Coverage: Chapter 19, "Direct Marketing" has been significantly revised to include more e-commerce coverage, particularly as it applies to database marketing and personal privacy issues.
- NEW! New Ads: Featuring more than 400 exhibits, with more than one-third new to this edition, Advertising and Integrated Brand Promotion, 3e continues the tradition of providing hundreds of full-color ad examples.
- NEW! Brand New Web Sightings: "Web Sightings" are in-chapter experiential exercises that make wonderful individual or group activities. Tied to a specific ad/exhibit, brand new "Web Sightings" encourage students to explore, explain, describe, compare, contrast, analyze, and summarize the content of the advertiser's home page. Follow-up questions are tied in with each "Web Sighting."
- NEW! Instructor's Resource CD-ROM: The IRCD features a variety of valuable resources such as the Instructor's Manual, PowerPoint Presentation slides, and the print ads from the text. Additional print ads have been added to enhance classroom presentations.
- NEW! Revised Test Bank: Organized around the text's learning objectives, the Test Bank has undergone a thorough revision to ensure clarity and accuracy. With a total of 2,000 questions, the Test Bank provides a variety of true/false, multiple choice, scenario and application and essay questions for each chapter.
Publisher: South-Western Publishing Co.
Other Editions of Advertising and Integrated Brand Promotion: