Summary: Agricultural Mechanics: Fundamentals & Applications continues to be the most widely used textbook for high school Agricultural Mechanics programs nationwide because of its student friendly layout and its comprehensive coverage. Topics covered range from welding to tool identification, from diesel engine maintenance to masonry. The units are presented in a logical, easy to follow format allowing students to comprehend concepts and apply them in hands on applicatio ...show morens. Objectives and competencies to be developed are included in each section, along with a list of new terms, a materials list, student activities, and self-evaluations. The new fifth edition has been updated throughout to address the changing technologies that help shape the world of agriculture.Edition/Copyright: 5TH 06
- Full coverage is given to aspects of agricultural mechanics, providing the latest information in tools and technology.
- Updated from cover to cover ensuring the most current trends in emerging technologies are addressed.
- New Unit on Fence Design and Construction
- NEW! Updated unit on Welding, now includes coverage of Plasma!!
- NEW! Additional questions have been added to the end of each unit.
- NEW! Relevant websites have been included for additional information on the topics discussed.
- NEW! Classroom Interactivity CD-ROM.
- NEW! English/Spanish and Spanish/English translation in the glossary.
- The author's easy-to-read writing style allows students to comprehend the principles and applications of nearly every phase of the field.
- Chapters are logically presented and thorough, positioning agricultural mechanics in the broad context of technology, science, and engineering.
Publisher: Delmar Learning
Year Published: 2006