Summary: For almost 60 years, this comprehensive reference has been considered the "standard" in perioperative nursing. Developed to assist perioperative personnel to meet the individual needs of surgical patients, it delivers state-of-the-art information that reflects quality contemporary practice. This new 12th edition continues this tradition with up-to-the-minute information to help readers provide safe, cost-effective, and efficient patient care.Edition/Copyright: 12TH 03
New ...show more to this Edition :
- Best Practices boxes are integrated throughout to focus on best practices in the operating room as they pertain to the application of current research.
- A new chapter on Complementary Therapies (Chapter 32) addresses care from a holistic perspective and helps the reader understand the availability of alternative techniques in caring for the surgical patient.
- History boxes are integrated throughout to provide interesting side notes about the changes in perioperative practice.
Key Features :
- Completely updated chapters furnish readers with the latest advances in perioperative care.
- Information is provided on basic principles and patient care requisites essential to the care of all recipients of perioperative patient care.
- Sample Care Plans included throughout assist readers in linking their interventions to clearly identified outcomes for quality patient care.
- The Surgical Modalities chapter provides key content on technological advancements in endoscopic surgery, lasers, electrosurgical modalities, cryosurgery, and telesurgery.
- Research Highlights reflect the increase in the research relevant to perioperative patient care.
- Patient and family education and discharge planning is incorporated throughout, both as a special heading in each chapter, and in its own chapter to emphasize the importance of continuity of care from the surgical facility to the home.
- Unit 2, Surgical Interventions, includes step-by-step procedures for more than 400 contemporary and traditional specialty surgical interventions, as well as numerous minimally invasive surgical procedures that have been recently developed.
- Unit 3 discusses the unique needs of ambulatory, pediatric, geriatric, and trauma surgery patients.
- Internet Connection sections at the end of every chapter provide important links to additional information for practice.
Publisher: C.V. Mosby Co.
Year Published: 2003
Other Editions of Alexander's Care of the Patient in Surgery: