Summary: This exciting new resource contains selected care plans for pediatric, maternal, and psychiatric nursing in addition to medical-surgical nursing care plans --101 care plans in all. This allows students to use one book throughout the curriculum. Care plans are organized in four separate sections (medical-surgical, pediatric, maternal, and psychiatric) and within each section alphabetically by disorder/condition. The open and attractive two-color design, the latest NAN ...show moreDA nursing diagnoses, and desired outcomes featuring specific timeframes, make this the most student-friendly and clinically relevant nursing care plan book.Edition/Copyright: 04
- The unique "four books in one" approach includes pediatric, maternal, and psychiatric nursing care plans in addition to medical-surgical care plans.
- Written by clinical experts in each subject area to ensure the most current, accurate, and clinically-relevant content available.
- Each care plan employs a consistent format of: Overview, Health Care Setting, Assessment, Diagnostic Tests, Nursing Diagnoses, and Patient-Family Teaching and Discharge Planning.
- Detailed rationales for each nursing intervention help students to apply concepts to clinical practice.
- An open and attractive two-color design facilitates quick and easy retrieval of information.
- Nursing interventions and rationales are listed in a clear two-column format to make the information more accessible.
- Related NIC interventions and NOC outcomes are listed for each nursing diagnosis.
- The Patient-Family Teaching and Discharge Planning section highlights key patient education topics, as well as resources for further information.
- Health Care Setting is specified for each care plan, since these conditions are treated in various settings such as hospital, primary care, long-term care facility, community, and home care.
- Outcome criteria with specific timelines enable nurses to set realistic goals for nursing outcomes and provide quality, cost-effective care.
- Includes the most recent NANDA Taxonomy II nursing diagnoses.
- Separate care plans on Pain and End-of-Life Care focus on palliative care for patients with terminal illnesses, as well as relief of acute and chronic pain.
Publisher: C.V. Mosby Co.
Other Editions of All-In-One Care Planning Resource : Medical-Surgical, Pediatric, Maternity, and Psychiatric Nursing Care Plans: