Summary: All-Star is a four-level, standards-based series for adult English learners featuring a picture-dictionary approach to vocabulary building. Big picture scenes in each unit provide springboards to a wealth of activities that develop all the language skills. Edition/Copyright: 05
An accessible, step-by-step sequence of lessons in each unit systemically builds language and math skills around life-skill topics. The series presents a family, work, or community application in each un ...show moreit, and provides two alternate lesson applications in each of the All Star Workbooks.
- Accessible "Big Picture" approach--Four-color picture dictionary scenes depicting work, family, and community topics, present life-skills vocabulary and provide engaging contexts for all-skills language development.
- Predictable lesson sequence in each unit reduces prep time for teachers and helps students get comfortable with the pattern of each lesson type. Each unit contains a sequence of seven, two-page lessons with Things to Do activity sections on the left-hand pages and corresponding picture-dictionary visuals on the right.
- Flexible structure allows teachers to customize each unit to meet a variety of student needs and curricular objectives. One application lesson appears in the student book and two alternate application lessons, that use the same vocabulary, structures and functions in a different, context, appear in the workbook.
- Multiple assessment opportunities--performance-based assessment, portfolio assessment, multiple choice CASAS-type testing, achievement tests, and learner self-assessment offer a broad range of options for monitoring and assessing student progress.
- Dynamic interactive CD-ROM program provides additional language practice and reinforces the learning goals of the Student Book by integrating language, literacy, and numeracy skill-building with computer practice.
Publisher: McGraw-Hill Publishing Company
Year Published: 2005
Other Editions of All-Star 1: