This edition has also been released as:
Summary: The only American Government text to take a comparative approach, Dunn and Slann's text doesn't simply offer comparative material in boxed features, but integrates it throughout the text to help students gain a deeper and more complete vision of our government by comparing and contrasting it to the governments of other nations. The new edition helps students learn what makes American government and politics distinctive and encourages them to see why it has endured fo ...show morer over 200 years. By presenting American government within a comprehensive comparative and global framework, the book exposes students to global issues and helps them to grow in cross-cultural understanding, while at the same time giving them a solid foundation in American government and politics.Edition/Copyright: 2ND 00
- NEW -NEW! ''Comparative Thought Questions'' have been added to encourage critical thinking and to help students reinforce concepts.
- NEW -NEW! ''Quotable Quotes'' at the beginning of each chapter engage students and stimulate reaction and discussion.
- NEW -NEW! ''Questions Answered'' chapter-opening sections direct student attention to key ideas and issues to be discussed in the chapter. Also helps the instructor to initiate and lead discussions and debates.
- NEW -NEW! Internet resources listed at the end of every chapter.
- REVISED! New organization integrates global/comparative coverage within discussion of American Government rather than separating the two as in the previous edition.
- Completely Updated! All data, references, tables, charts, and graphs updated.
Publisher: Addison-Wesley Longman, Inc.