on Orders of $25 or more*
|Get your books quickly and easily... and pay nothing for shipping. Just order $25 or more and standard shipping is on us (excludes Marketplace and Rental offerings).|
|$3.99 flat rate|
|UPS 2nd Day Air*||$11.99 flat rate|
|UPS Next Day Air*||$19.98 flat rate|
* Not available for PO boxes and APO/FPO
** Saturday delivery is only available in certain areas. UPS standard rates apply.
*** Separate shipping rates apply for bulk orders
Summary: The American Pageant has long enjoyed a deserved reputation as one of the most accessible, popular, and effective textbooks in the field of American history. The eleventh edition, written by authors David Kennedy and Lizabeth Cohen, preserve the basic features that have made the text unique, while incorporating the rich new scholarship in social, economic, cultural and intellectual history that has appeared since the last edition. New to the 11th edition are enhanced discussio ...show morens of the roles of women, expanded treatment of working-class life, a thoroughly updated acount of the Reconstruction, substantial coverage of African American and Native American history, and careful investigation of social, political, and cultural themes in the post-World War II period.
I. Founding the New Nation
1. New World Beginnings, 33,000 B.C.-1769
2. The Planting of English America, 1500-1733
3. Settling the Northern Colonies, 1619-1700
4. American Life in the Seventeenth Century, 1607-1692
5. Colonial Society on the Eve of Revolution, 1700-1775
6. The Duel for North America, 1608-1763
7. The Road to Revolution, 1763-1775
8. America Secedes from the Empire, 1775-1783
II. Building the New Nation
9. The Confederation and the Constitution, 1776-1790
10. Launching the New Ship of State, 1789-1800
11. The Triumphs and Travails of Jeffersonian Democracy, 1800-1812
12. The Second War for Independence and the Upsurge of Nationalism, 1812-1824
13. The Rise of Jacksonian Democracy, 1824-1830
14. Jacksonian Democracy at Flood Tide, 1830-1840
15. Forging the National Economy, 1790-1860
16. The Ferment of Reform and Culture, 1790-1860
III. Testing the New Nation
17. The South and the Slavery Controversy, 1793-1860
18. Manifest Destiny and Its Legacy, 1841-1848
19. Renewing the Sectional Struggle, 1848-1854
20. Drifting Toward Disunion, 1854-1861
21. Girding for War: The North and the South, 1861-1865
22. The Furnace of Civil War, 1861-1865
23. The Ordeal of Reconstruction, 1865-1877
III. Forging an Industrial Society
24. Politics in the Gilded Age, 1869-1889
25. Industry Comes of Age, 1865-1900
26. America Moves to the City, 1865-1900
27. The Great West and the Agricultural Revolution, 1865-1890
28. The Revolt of the Debtor, 1889-1900
29. The Path of Empire, 1890-1899
V. Struggling for Justice at Home and Abroad
30. America on the World Stage, 1899-1909
31. Progressivism and the Republican Roosevelt, 1901-1912
32. Wilsonian Progressivism at Home and Abroad, 1912-1916
33. The War to End War, 1917-1918
34. American Life in the Roaring Twenties, 1919-1929
35. The Politics of Boom and Bust, 1920-1932
36. The Great Depression and the New Deal, 1933-1938
37. Franklin D. Roosevelt and the Shadow of War, 1933-1941
38. America in World War II, 1941-1945
VI. Creating Modern America
39. The Cold War Begins, 1945-1952
40. The Eisenhower Era, 1952-1960
41. The Stormy Sixties, 1960-1968
42. The Stalemated Seventies, 1968-1980
43. The Resurgence of Conservatism, 1980-1996
44. The American People Face a New Century
Get Free Shipping on orders over $25 (not including Rental and Marketplace). Order arrives in 5-10 business days.
Need it faster?
We offer fast, flat-rate expedited shipping options.
|Sell it back by:|
|Guaranteed cash back:|
|Cost of this book|
after cash back:
Take advantage of Guaranteed Cash Back. Send your book to us in good condition before the end of the buyback period, we'll send YOU a check, and you'll pay less for your textbooks!
When you're done with this book, sell it back to Textbooks.com. In addition to the the best possible buyback price, you'll get an extra 10% cash back just for being a customer.
We buy good-condition used textbooks year 'round, 24/7. No matter where you bought it, Textbooks.com will buy your textbooks for the most cash.
Being online is not required for reading an eTextbook after successfully downloading it. You must only be connected to the Internet during the download process.
What is the Marketplace?
It's another way for you to get the right price on the books you need. We approved every Marketplace vendor to sell their books on Textbooks.com, so you know they're all reliable.
What are Marketplace shipping options?
Marketplace items do not qualify for free shipping. When ordering from the Marketplace, please specify whether you want the seller to send your book Standard ($3.99/item) or Express ($6.99/item). To get free shipping over $25, just order directly from Textbooks.com instead of through the Marketplace.
FREE UPS 2nd Day Air TermsRental and Marketplace items are excluded. Offer is valid from 1/21/2013 12:00PM to 1/23/2013 11:59AM CST. Your order must be placed by 12 Noon CST to be processed on the same day. Minimum order value is $100.00 excluding Rental and Marketplace items. To redeem this offer, select "FREE UPS 2ND DAY AIR" at checkout. Offer not is not valid on previous orders.