Summary: Sussman, Glenn; Daynes, Byron W.; West, Jonathan P. American Politics and the Environment*\ In order to effect change in environmental policy, it is necessary to understand the politics of environmental decision-making and how political actors operate within political institutions. American Politics and the Environment offers a unique behavioral and institutional approach, this new book provides readers with a consistent theoretical framework they can use from
chapter to chapter to help them better grasp the material. Three boxed features in each chapter-one highlighting a person, one presenting a case study, and another investigating the issue of air pollution-offer real world examples and illustrations and provide the opportunity for analysis. For those interested in environmental politics, and environmental policy making.
Summary: Sussman, Glenn; Daynes, Byron W.; West, Jonathan P. American Politics and the Environment*\ In order to effect change in environmental policy, it is necessary to understand the politics of environmental decision-making and how political actors operate within political institutions. American Politics and the Environment offers a unique behavioral and institutional approach, this new book provides readers with a consistent theoretical framework they can use from chapter to chapter to help them better grasp the material. Three boxed features in each chapter-one highlighting a person, one presenting a case study, and another investigating the issue of air pollution-offer real world examples and illustrations and provide the opportunity for analysis. For those interested in environmental politics, and environmental policy making. ...show less
Edition/Copyright:02 Cover: Paperback Publisher:Longman, Inc. Published: 12/31/1969 International: No
View Table of Contents
1. Introduction: The American Political Setting and the Environment. Background on Environmental Politics and Policy. Environmentalism: 1930's-1990's. The American Constitutional System, Public Policy Making and the Environment. The Role of Science and the Environment. Design of the Book.
2. American Federalism and Environmental Politics. Federal-State Relations: Historical Roots. Contemporary Federal-State Interactions: Implementation and Enforcement. Effort and Performance of the States.
3. Public Opinion, the Media, and Environmental, Issues. Public Opinion, the Media, and the Environment. The Study of American Public Opinion. Public Opinion and the Environment. The Role and Functions of the Media. The Environment as a Mediated Issue. Media Coverage of the Environment. The Public's News Interest and Its Assessment of Media Coverage. Politics, Organized Interests, the Media, and Environment.
4. Environmental Activism: Political Parties and Interest Groups. Political Parties, Interest Groups, and the Environment. The Role and Functions of Political Parties. Party Platforms and Presidential Performance. Parties, Legislatures, and Environmental Politics. The Role and Functions of Interest Groups. Types and Characteristics of Environmental Groups. Opposition to Environmental Activism: Business and Industry, Sagebrush Rebellion, Wise Use/Property Rights Movement.
5. Congress and Environmental Policy. Congress and Environmental Policy. Processes and Behavioral Characteristics.
6. The Environmental Presidency. Roles of the Modern President. The Diverse Environment and Presidential Response. The President as Opinion/Party Leader. The President as an Environmental Legislative Leader. The President as an Environmental Chief Executive. The President as and Environmental Commander in Chief/Chief Diplomat.
7. Executive Agencies and Environmental Policy. Environmental Agencies and Public Policy Making.
8. The Environmental Court. Court Involvement with Environmental Issues. Reasons for the Court's Involvement. The Evolution of Court Involvement. Contemporary Environmental Issues. Consequences of Court Involvement in Environmentalism. An Eco-Friendly Court? The Role of the Chief Justice. The Influence of Congressional Action on court Decision Making and the Environment. Presidential Leadership and the Court. The Public and the Court. Parties and Court.
9. Global Environmental Policy. Global Environmental Issues. International and Regional Organizations. National Security and the Environment. Environmental Opinion: Citizens and Business Leaders.
10. Conclusion: American Politics and the Environment. Observations About American Politics and the Environment.
List Price: $65.00
Used Currently Sold Out
New Currently Sold Out
Due back 08/14/2015
Save $55.01 (85%)
Free return shipping
21-day satisfaction guarantee
CDs or access codes may not be included
Marketplace sellers starting at $1.99
14 more offers below.
Additional Sellers for American Politics and Environment
Just for you, we curate a growing list of independent booksellers, giving you even MORE choices when shopping for your textbooks.
Keep in mind: Marketplace orders do NOT qualify for free shipping.More about the Marketplace
PAPERBACK New 0205296432 Student Edition. New book.
$6.00 +$3.99 s/h
Textbookcenter.com Columbia, MO
Ships same day or next business day! UPS(AK/HI Priority Mail)/ NEW book
$58.77 +$3.99 s/h
bargainforce Chicago, IL
No comments from the seller
Free Shipping Get Free Shipping on orders over $25 (not including Rental and Marketplace). Order arrives in 5-10 business days.
Need it faster? We offer fast, flat-rate expedited shipping options.
Not the right book for you? We'll gladly take it back within 30 days.
To return an eTextbook:
Your eTextbook is non-returnable once it's been activated. You must contact us about returning your eTextbook before you activate it.
Returns are accepted within 30 days of the purchase date on your order confirmation.
This book qualifies for guaranteed cash back! Buy it now for , then:
Sell it back by:
Guaranteed cash back:
Cost of this book after cash back:
Take advantage of Guaranteed Cash Back. Send your book to us in good condition before the end of the buyback period, we'll send YOU a check, and you'll pay less for your textbooks!
If you find this book for less on Amazon.com (direct from Amazon, not marketplace sellers), we'll match it.
In our warehouse, waiting to ship directly to you.
We hand-inspect every used textbook to make sure it's in good condition.
Buy it now. Sell it later!
Sell this textbook for cash!
When you're done with this book, sell it back to Textbooks.com. In addition to the best possible buyback price, you'll get an extra 10% cash back just for being a customer.
We buy good-condition used textbooks year 'round, 24/7. No matter where you bought it, Textbooks.com will buy your textbooks for the most cash.
We hand-inspect every one of our used textbooks to ensure good condition.
Our used textbooks do NOT have:
Missing or torn pages
Missing or torn cover
Torn or damaged binding
A broken spine
This textbook has never been used.
Due to the size of eTextbooks, a high-speed internet connection (cable modem, DSL, LAN) is required for download stability and speed. Your connection can be wired or wireless.
Being online is not required for reading an eTextbook after successfully downloading it. You must only be connected to the Internet duringthe download process.
XP or Windows 7 (32 or 64 running in 32 bit mode), or Mac OS 10.6 or above
At least 512 MB RAM, 600 mHZ processor, and 40 MB of hard drive space (75MB for Mac OS)
What is the Marketplace? It's another way for you to get the right price on the books you need. We approved every Marketplace vendor to sell their books on Textbooks.com, so you know they're all reliable.
What are Marketplace shipping options? Marketplace items do not qualify for free shipping. When ordering from the Marketplace, please specify whether you want the seller to send your book Standard ($3.99/item) or Express ($6.99/item). To get free shipping over $25, just order directly from Textbooks.com instead of through the Marketplace.
FREE UPS 2nd Day Air Terms
Rental and Marketplace items are excluded. Offer is valid from 1/21/2013 12:00PM to 1/23/2013 11:59AM CST. Your order must be placed by 12 Noon CST to be processed on the same day. Minimum order value is $100.00 excluding Rental and Marketplace items. To redeem this offer, select "FREE UPS 2ND DAY AIR" at checkout. Offer not is not valid on previous orders.