Summary: This paperback text has been written to present standard techniques and modern developments in a practical and intuitive manner. It is intended for non-financial managers and business students interested in the practice of financial management. Emphasis is on the managerial applications of financial analysis. Edition/Copyright: 6TH 01
- Increased internet examples: Five times the number of web sites from the pre ...show morevious edition have been added to the 6th edition for quick access of additional information.
- Improved content, including: An illustration in Chapter 3 of the virtues of computer simulation when projecting financing needs was added to the new edition; A new section in the appendix of Chapter 5 that will give students the tools and web sites to estimate the value of their employee stock options; Chapter 6 has been rewritten in order to include more of the implications of the agency perspective in capital structure decisions; An added section in the appendix of Chapter 2 on international variations; An expanded discussion in Chapter 7 of the relevant costs and benefits in investment appraisal; and other content updates throughout the book.
- PowerPoint slides now accompany the text to help students study more efficiently, and assist instructors with lecture presentations.
- Analog Devices, Inc., a high-technology manufacturer of proprietary semiconductor chips is used as the extended example that appears in chapters 1, 2, 4, 8, and 9. All new data has been included in this example.
- Appendix 5A, "Using Financial Markets to Manage Corporate Risks," is very easy for students to understand.
- A heavy reliance on presenting modern concepts such as market efficiency, beta risk, and market signaling.
Publisher: Richard D. Irwin, Inc.
Year Published: 2001