ISBN13:978-0130832283 ISBN10: 0130832286 Edition/Copyright:2ND 00 Cover: Paperback Publisher:Prentice Hall, Inc. Year Published: 2000 International: No
View Table of Contents
Introduction. Analyzing Social Problems: Issues and Approaches.
I. TROUBLED SOCIAL INSTITUTIONS.
1. I Need a (Traditional) Wife! Employment-Family Conflicts, Janet Salzman Chafetz. 2. Domestic Violence: Hitting Us Where We Live, Linda P. Rouse. 3. Social Concerns about Teen-Age Pregnancy, Monica A. Longmore. 4. Work in the United States, Carl H.A. Dassbach. 5. Your Money or Your Life: Access to Medical Care as a Social Problem, Robert A. Hanneman. 6. Aging and Health Care, Jan W. Weaver and Stanley R. Ingman.
II. SOCIAL INEQUALITIES.
7. Inequality and Stratification, Jonathan H. Turner. 8. Poverty in the United States, Leonard Beeghley. 9. Racist and Egalitarian Ideologies in Modern American Culture, Charles Case. 10. Who's the Boss? Race, Ethnicity, and Gender in Managerial Jobs, Elizabeth M. Almquist. 11. Sexual Harassment and the Legal System, Pamela Brandwein.
III. SOCIAL DEVIANCE, CRIME, AND THE CRIMINAL JUSTICE SYSTEM.
12. Constructing the Crime Problem and the American Punitive Response, Robert Heiner. 13. Is American Becoming More Violent?, Robert L. Young. 14. Racism, Capital Punishment, and the U.S. Supreme Court, Adalberto Aguirre, Jr., and David V. Baker. 15. The Myths and Realities of Homelessness and Mental Health, Dee Southard. 16. Disability, Richard K. Scotch.
IV. SOCIAL MOVEMENTS AND SOCIAL CHANGE.
17. Constructing Children's Problems, Joel Best. 18. The Victims' Revolt: Reform in the Legal System, Frank J. Weed. 19. Contemporary Activisms Among Lesbians and Gay Men, Thomas J. Linneman. 20. Labor Exploitation and Labor Organizing, Edna Bonacich and Carolina Bank.
V. GLOBAL SOCIAL PROBLEMS.
21. Social Behavior and Nuclear Weapons: Will There Be Another Nuclear War?, Lloyd J. Dumas. 22. Poverty and Development in Developing Nations, Ted Goertzel and Robert E. Wood. 23. Mortality Rates: How Social Scientists Explore an Important Dimension of Human Development, Cathleen J. Schlegel. 24. Environmental Hazards, Sustainability and Social Justice: Making a Difference, Brenda D. Phillips. 25. The Sociology of Conflicts over Natural Resources, Kathleen E. Halverson.
Order this book in the next 8 hours and 8 minutes and it ships by Noon CT today!
New Currently Sold Out
Free Shipping Get Free Shipping on orders over $25 (not including Rental and Marketplace). Order arrives in 5-10 business days.
Need it faster? We offer fast, flat-rate expedited shipping options.
Not the right book for you? We'll gladly take it back within 30 days.
To return an eTextbook:
Your eTextbook is non-returnable once it's been activated. You must contact us about returning your eTextbook before you activate it.
Returns are accepted within 30 days of the purchase date on your order confirmation.
This book qualifies for guaranteed cash back! Buy it now for , then:
Sell it back by:
Guaranteed cash back:
Cost of this book after cash back:
Take advantage of Guaranteed Cash Back. Send your book to us in good condition before the end of the buyback period, we'll send YOU a check, and you'll pay less for your textbooks!
If you find this book for less on Amazon.com (direct from Amazon, not marketplace sellers), we'll match it.
In our warehouse, waiting to ship directly to you.
We hand-inspect every used textbook to make sure it's in good condition.
Buy it now. Sell it later!
Sell this textbook for cash!
When you're done with this book, sell it back to Textbooks.com. In addition to the best possible buyback price, you'll get an extra 10% cash back just for being a customer.
We buy good-condition used textbooks year 'round, 24/7. No matter where you bought it, Textbooks.com will buy your textbooks for the most cash.
We hand-inspect every one of our used textbooks to ensure good condition.
Our used textbooks do NOT have:
Missing or torn pages
Missing or torn cover
Torn or damaged binding
A broken spine
This textbook has never been used.
Due to the size of eTextbooks, a high-speed internet connection (cable modem, DSL, LAN) is required for download stability and speed. Your connection can be wired or wireless.
Being online is not required for reading an eTextbook after successfully downloading it. You must only be connected to the Internet duringthe download process.
XP or Windows 7 (32 or 64 running in 32 bit mode), or Mac OS 10.6 or above
At least 512 MB RAM, 600 mHZ processor, and 40 MB of hard drive space (75MB for Mac OS)
What is the Marketplace? It's another way for you to get the right price on the books you need. We approved every Marketplace vendor to sell their books on Textbooks.com, so you know they're all reliable.
What are Marketplace shipping options? Marketplace items do not qualify for free shipping. When ordering from the Marketplace, please specify whether you want the seller to send your book Standard ($3.99/item) or Express ($6.99/item). To get free shipping over $25, just order directly from Textbooks.com instead of through the Marketplace.
FREE UPS 2nd Day Air Terms
Rental and Marketplace items are excluded. Offer is valid from 1/21/2013 12:00PM to 1/23/2013 11:59AM CST. Your order must be placed by 12 Noon CST to be processed on the same day. Minimum order value is $100.00 excluding Rental and Marketplace items. To redeem this offer, select "FREE UPS 2ND DAY AIR" at checkout. Offer not is not valid on previous orders.