Summary: Anatomy and Physiology is a critical academic course you must master to succeed in the health professions. Anatomy and Physiology for Health Professionals: An Interactive Journey, combined with the built in Study Success Companion , integrated CD , and website are written to enhance learning of the material and discourages mass memorization of facts. Edition/Copyright: 07
Students will enjoy reading this Anatomy and Physiology book. Supplemented with a CD, for a visual and i ...show morenteractive learning experience. Humor is used, where appropriate, as well as analogies to compare the human body to everyday things students can relate to. Features
- How do your students master the pronunciation of medical words?
- Medical Terminology Guides: Provide proper Pronunciations and word part analysis in the margins where key terms are introduced aid students who must master pronunciation of medical words in order to avoid confusion and potentially dangerous situations in the work place.
- How do you relate your teaching to actual clinical practice?
- Clinical Applications: With Highlight boxes that show the relevance of what students are learning and how it is needed in clinical practice.
- In your current course, how are the sciences presented?
- Applied Sciences: Instead of a separate chemistry or physics chapter, the sciences are presented in context, so that students get the science material they need in a more digestible format.
- How do you motivate your students? and how do you ensure they retain information?
- Amazing Body Facts: Designed for student retention and motivation, these facts give them an appreciation of just how wonderful the human design is.
- How do you tackle difficult concepts?
- Learning Hints: Amusing stories or learning aids used to facilitate students learning difficult concepts.
- Test Your Knowledge: After a concept is fully developed in the chapter a "Test Your Knowledge" insures that the student understands that concept before moving on.
- How do you relate chapter contents to real-world situations?
- Case Studies: Used to show the interrelatedness of what students are learning, the case study pulls together points in the chapter and is followed by end-of-chapter review questions to test the students overall knowledge.
- What tools do you currently use to motivate students and help them gain a true understanding of the subject?
- CD Interactive Exercises: are integrated with the text to help reinforce and motivate students to internalize the material for true learning.
- Animations and short videos
- Interactive exercises and games
- Audio pronunciation glossary
- Expanded readings on related diseases, treatments, and diagnostics
Cover: Other Format
Publisher: Prentice Hall, Inc.
Year Published: 2007
Other Editions of Anatomy and Physiology for Health Professionals : An Interactive Journey - With CD: