Summary: New Features Edition/Copyright: 4TH 07
- Two new co-authors: Susan Keen (invertebrates) and David Eisenhour (vertebrates)
- Students will examine genetics, systematic principles, habitat distributions, structure and function in this text that has been carefully revised utilizing comments from users of past editions.
- The text's high-quality photographs and illustrative drawings have been updated.
- Updated phyloge ...show morenies and taxonomies throughout reflect current research findings.
- New and revised cladograms: including a new cladogram illustrating hypothesized relationships among major prokaryote and eukaryote lineages (ch. 5), an updated cladogram showing paraphyly of classes Polychaeta and Oligochaeta (ch. 11), and updated molluscan (ch. 10), and Arthropoda (Ch. 12) cladograms.
- Expanded coverage of vertebrate origins including: ecological physiology, role of Hox genes and developmental changes, and recent fossil discoveries.
- Expanded explanation of the Scientific Method.
- Redrawn illustrations and enlarged photographs improve clarity of presentation throughout.
Publisher: McGraw-Hill Publishing Company
Year Published: 2007