Summary: This classic in the literature of child violence and antisocial behavior has been updated to include coverage of the most recent and important school safety, prevention, and universal intervention programs. ANTISOCIAL BEHAVIOR IN SCHOOL has often been commended for its comprehensive coverage of the nature, origins, and causes of antisocial behavior as well its consistent focus on the best practices, interventions, and model programs for preventing and remediating thi ...show mores most destructive of behavior disorders. The authors' practical focus is reinforced by the inclusion of many useful tools for teachers and other professionals including worksheets, guidelines, assessment instruments, and a full chapter of case studies built around best practices for working with antisocial students.Edition/Copyright: 2ND 04
- NEW!-Recent (post-Columbine) media attention on school violence has resulted in a growing interest in school safety strategies and designing interventions at the school-wide level. In response to this trend, the Second Edition offers new coverage of universal intervention programs that help to create a positive ("bully-proof") school climate.
- The unparalleled practical focus of the text is reinforced by the inclusion of many useful tools for teachers and other professionals including worksheets, guidelines, and assessment instruments.
- ANTISOCIAL BEHAVIOR IN SCHOOL includes comprehensive coverage of the nature, origins, and causes of antisocial behavior, as well as a consistent focus on the best practices, interventions, and model programs for preventing and remediating this most destructive of behavior disorders.
- Chapter 2 ("Issues, Guidelines and Resources for Use in Implementing School-Based Interventions for Antisocial Behavior and Violence") covers issues, guidelines, and recommendations for preventing and remediating antisocial behavior patterns in school.
- Strategies and criteria for the early identification of students at risk for antisocial behavior patterns are covered.
- Techniques for designing an optimally effective classroom environment are presented.
- NEW!-The authors include extensive coverage of proven, universal and selected intervention programs for addressing antisocial behavior patterns in school.
- NEW!-Walker and Greshman include updated information on the theory, structure, and outcomes associated with preventing antisocial behavior patterns by intervening in the 0 -V 5, and 6 -V 12 age ranges.
- NEW!-Chapter 13 ("School Violence, Gangs, and Safety: Toward Proactive Strategies") includes new coverage of school safety from an ecological frame of reference.
- NEW!-Coverage of bullying, mean spirited teasing, and harassment has been expanded.
- NEW!-New case examples have been added to the case study chapter and are built around best practices for working with antisocial students. These case studies illustrate the application of the intervention procedures described in Chapters 3-8.
- NEW!-Extensive new coverage of prevention includes the recently released Surgeon General's Report on Youth Violence.
- NEW!-New InfoTrac- College Edition research terms are now included at the end of each chapter to provide students with opportunities for further, detailed research on key topics covered in that chapter.
- The authors place a unique emphasis on practical strategies for dealing with antisocial behavior in children.
Publisher: Wadsworth, Inc