Summary: Courses at two-year and four-year schools in English, Applied English, or Business English. Edition/Copyright: 95
Instructs students in current English grammar, capitalization, and punctuation in everyday contexts. Sentence and paragraph structure, vocabulary, spelling and the use of reference materials are taught as a part of everyday tasks such as editing, proofreading and correcting documents, planning and writing documents, managing and processing information.
...show more>Features :
- Learning Goals--a quick description of what students needs and how they will use the information opens every Chapter and Learning Unit
- Levels of Learning--language skills divided into quick blocks of learning at three levels that can be selected according to the student's level of ability.
- Writing Tips-- boxes that describe the use of language skills while writing
- Study Tips-- boxes that remind students of key methods for recalling language rules
- You Try It-- practice at the end of each Learning Unit allow students to evaluate their own level of comprehension
- Quality Editing-- simple cases requiring problem-solving and critical thinking where students proofread, edit, or compose actual documents based on cumulative knowledge
- Quick Reference Guide-- summary and example of each key point in every chapter
- Worksheet Exercises-- general practice for all Learning Units that can removed from the textbook and handed in
- Applied Language--cases at the end of each Section utilizing all skills learned to that point
Publisher: Prentice Hall, Inc.
Year Published: 1995