Summary: Emphasis is placed on the person in the organization and on the interactions between managers and other employees. Features
...show lessEdition/Copyright: 6TH 98
- Each chapter features "To Start You Thinking...", "To Keep You Thinking," "Learning Goals," "Express Your Opinion" and/or "Self- Appraisal" questions, "Case Studies" and "Discussion and ...show more Study Questions" to develop critical thinking and to provide students with human relations guidelines.
- Presents a Profile of Human Behavior in each chapter so students may identify with successful job holders at all levels, from entry level to top executives.
- Includes Action Projects in each chapter that provide students with opportunities to practice the techniques they have learned.
- Provides definitions of terms and concepts in bold type within the text and in the glossary at the end of the book to help students learn the appropriate terminology.
- NEW - Sections cover conflict management as well as communications and management in virtual organizations.
- NEW - Sections on selective teamwork, service orientation, catalytic leadership, personal and organizational values, quality management, and cross-cultural relations have been expanded.
- NEW - The overall presentation has been reorganized. This also includes a more direct writing style that addresses specific learning goals.
- NEW - Almost half of the action projects, cases, and other exercises are new or substantially revised.
Publisher: Prentice Hall, Inc.
Year Published: 1998
Other Editions of Applied Human Relations : An Organizational And Skill Development Approach: