Summary: In the market-leading APPLIED MATHEMATICS FOR THE MANAGERIAL, LIFE, AND SOCIAL SCIENCES, Soo T. Tan provides an accurate, accessible presentation of finite mathematics and applied calculus combined with just the right balance of applications, pedagogy, and technology to help students succeed in the course. The new Fourth Edition includes highly interesting current applications and Microsoftï¿½ Excelï¿½ exercises to help stimulate
student motivation. An exciting new array of supplements, including iLrn?
Summary: In the market-leading APPLIED MATHEMATICS FOR THE MANAGERIAL, LIFE, AND SOCIAL SCIENCES, Soo T. Tan provides an accurate, accessible presentation of finite mathematics and applied calculus combined with just the right balance of applications, pedagogy, and technology to help students succeed in the course. The new Fourth Edition includes highly interesting current applications and Microsoftï¿½ Excelï¿½ exercises to help stimulate student motivation. An exciting new array of supplements, including iLrn? ...show less
1. FUNDAMENTALS OF ALGEBRA. Real Numbers. Polynomials. Factoring Polynomials. Rational Expressions. Integral Exponents. Solving Equations. Rational Exponents and Radicals. Quadratic Equations. Inequalities and Absolute Value.
2. FUNCTIONS AND THEIR GRAPHS. The Cartesian Coordinate System and Straight Lines. Equations of Lines. Functions and Their Graphs. The Algebra of Functions. Linear Functions. Quadratic Functions. Functions and Mathematical Models.
3. EXPONENTIAL AND LOGARITHMIC FUNCTIONS. Exponential Functions. Logarithmic Functions. Exponential Functions as Mathematical Models.
4. MATHEMATICS OF FINANCE. Compound Interest. Annuities. Amortization and Sinking Funds. Arithmetic and Geometric Progressions (Optional).
5. SYSTEMS OF LINEAR EQUATIONS AND MATRICES. Systems of Linear Equations: An Introduction. Systems of Linear Equations: Unique Solutions. Systems of Linear Equations: Undetermined and Overdetermined Systems. Matrices. Multiplication of Matrices. The Inverse of a Square Matrix.
6. LINEAR PROGRAMMING. Graphing Systems of Linear Inequalities in Two Variables. Linear Programming Problems. Graphical Solution of Linear Programming Problems. The Simplex Method: Standard Maximization Problems. The Simplex Method: Standard Minimization Problems.
7. SETS AND PROBABILITY. Sets and Set Operations. The Number of Elements in a Finite Set. The Multiplication Principle. Permutations and Combinations. Experiments, Sample Spaces, and Events. Probability. Rules of Probability.
8. ADDITIONAL TOPICS IN PROBABILITY. Use of Counting Techniques in Probability. Conditional Probability and Independent Events. Bayes' Theorem. Distributions of Random Variables. Expected Value. Variance and Standard Deviation.
9. THE DERIVATIVE. Limits. Continuity. The Derivative. Basic Rules of Differentiation. The Product and Quotient Rules: Higher-Order Derivatives. The Chain Rule. Differentiation of Exponential and Logarithmic Functions. Marginal Functions in Economics.
10. APPLICATIONS OF THE DERIVATIVE. Applications of the First Derivative. Applications of the Second Derivative. Curve Sketching. Optimization I. Optimization II.
11. INTEGRATION. Antiderivatives and the Rules of Integration. Integration by Substitution. Area and the Definite Integral. The Fundamental Theorem of Calculus. Evaluating Definite Integrals. Area between Two Curves. Applications of the Definite Integral to Business and Economics.
12. CALCULUS OF SEVERAL VARIABLES. Functions of Several Variables. Partial Derivatives. Maxima and Minima of Functions of Several Variables.
Other Editions of Applied Mathematics for the Managerial, Life, and Social Sciences -Text Only:
Free Shipping Get Free Shipping on orders over $25 (not including Rental and Marketplace). Order arrives in 5-10 business days.
Need it faster? We offer fast, flat-rate expedited shipping options.
Not the right book for you? We'll gladly take it back within 30 days.
To return an eTextbook:
Your eTextbook is non-returnable once it's been activated. You must contact us about returning your eTextbook before you activate it.
Returns are accepted within 30 days of the purchase date on your order confirmation.
This book qualifies for guaranteed cash back! Buy it now for , then:
Sell it back by:
Guaranteed cash back:
Cost of this book after cash back:
Take advantage of Guaranteed Cash Back. Send your book to us in good condition before the end of the buyback period, we'll send YOU a check, and you'll pay less for your textbooks!
If you find this book for less on Amazon.com (direct from Amazon, not marketplace sellers), we'll match it.
In our warehouse, waiting to ship directly to you.
We hand-inspect every used textbook to make sure it's in good condition.
Buy it now. Sell it later!
Sell this textbook for cash!
When you're done with this book, sell it back to Textbooks.com. In addition to the best possible buyback price, you'll get an extra 10% cash back just for being a customer.
We buy good-condition used textbooks year 'round, 24/7. No matter where you bought it, Textbooks.com will buy your textbooks for the most cash.
We hand-inspect every one of our used textbooks to ensure good condition.
Our used textbooks do NOT have:
Missing or torn pages
Missing or torn cover
Torn or damaged binding
A broken spine
This textbook has never been used.
Due to the size of eTextbooks, a high-speed internet connection (cable modem, DSL, LAN) is required for download stability and speed. Your connection can be wired or wireless.
Being online is not required for reading an eTextbook after successfully downloading it. You must only be connected to the Internet duringthe download process.
XP or Windows 7 (32 or 64 running in 32 bit mode), or Mac OS 10.6 or above
At least 512 MB RAM, 600 mHZ processor, and 40 MB of hard drive space (75MB for Mac OS)
What is the Marketplace? It's another way for you to get the right price on the books you need. We approved every Marketplace vendor to sell their books on Textbooks.com, so you know they're all reliable.
What are Marketplace shipping options? Marketplace items do not qualify for free shipping. When ordering from the Marketplace, please specify whether you want the seller to send your book Standard ($3.99/item) or Express ($6.99/item). To get free shipping over $25, just order directly from Textbooks.com instead of through the Marketplace.
FREE UPS 2nd Day Air Terms
Rental and Marketplace items are excluded. Offer is valid from 1/21/2013 12:00PM to 1/23/2013 11:59AM CST. Your order must be placed by 12 Noon CST to be processed on the same day. Minimum order value is $100.00 excluding Rental and Marketplace items. To redeem this offer, select "FREE UPS 2ND DAY AIR" at checkout. Offer not is not valid on previous orders.