Summary: Designed specifically for veterinary technicians, this essential resource offers detailed guidance on key topics such as managing medication inventory, dispensing veterinarian prescribed drugs, calculating drug dosages, administering medications to animals, and educating clients about drug side effects and precautions. Up-to-date drug information is presented in a consistent, easy-to-use format that includes pharmacokinetics, pharmacodynamics, clinical uses, dosage f ...show moreorms, and adverse side effects. Illustrated, step-by-step procedures demonstrate proper administration techniques for common drug forms.
* Learning Objectives at the beginning of each chapter help you focus your study efforts and check your progress as you work through the material.
* Chapter outlines provide at-a-glance overviews of the topics featured in each chapter, making it quick and easy to find information.
* Key Terms lists with definitions familiarize you with the terminology used in each chapter.
* Technician's Notes boxes throughout the book provide useful hints and important reminders to help you avoid common errors and increase your efficiency.
* Coverage of inventory control offers practical tips on performing this important task, including understanding the different vendor types, communicating with sales representatives, and using veterinary practice management computer software.
* Detailed summaries of important drug laws, such as the Animal Medicinal Drug Use Clarification Act and the Animal Drug Availability Act, introduce you to the legal and ethical aspects of veterinary pharmacology. ...show less
20 more offers below.