Summary: This concise book for engineering and sciences students emphasizes modern statistical methodology and data analysis. Coverage of probability is reduced to that which is needed for inference. The authors emphasize application of methods to real problems, with real examples throughout. The text is designed to meet ABET standards and is appropriate for one-term courses. Edition/Copyright: 99
- Examples use real data from industry ...show morereports and articles to introduce students to real-world situations while learning statistical concepts.
- The authors cover all the important topics concisely, giving students a solid understanding of both statistical methods and design with a problem-solving focus.
- The authors emphasize modern statistical methods including quality and design of experiments to give students exposure to practical applications.
- An emphasis on graphical data analysis methods is consistent with the authors computer-integrated approach.
- Practical computer pedagogy is integrated throughout the book so that learning of concepts can focus on real applications.
- Incorporates use of Minitab and SPSS.
- Numerous relevant, current exercises and examples appear throughout.
Publisher: Brooks/Cole Publishing Co.
Year Published: 1999