Summary: The leading text in appraisal for counselors. This thorough overview of appraisal covers basic measurement theory and all relevant tests. It provides guidance on how and when to use tests in different environments with different populations, and it provides practical suggestions on basic procedures like test selection, administration, and reporting. Edition/Copyright: 4TH 00
- Expanded coverage of the theories of intelligence and of ...show more the assessment of intelligence.
- This is a central domain, whose assessment counselors must understand. Ex. Covers contemporary theories such as those of Gardner and Sternberg.
- Addresses the important role of the computer in assessment--Including on-line testing, adaptive testing, computerized interpretation of test results, and web sites as sources of information.
- Exposes students to the latest technology. Ex. Provides students with a representative list of computer oriented tests and reminds them of the problems.
- Reviews and discusses legal and ethical standards in each chapter.
- Exposes students to professional standards and practices. Ex. The code for professional responsibility as well as ethical guidelines are presented.
- Increased coverage on the diversity and minority issues in testing.
- Better reflects the diversity of our culture. Ex. Issues concerning test and examiner bias are discussed.
- Describes and evaluates current editions of all relevant psychological tests.
- Familiarizes students with latest assessments. Ex. Such as the MCMI-III, Riso-Hudson Enneagram Type Indicator, K-SNAP.
- Provides extensive suggestions and guidelines--Throughout the book on how to do appraisals.
- Helps students put content into practice. Ex. Emphasizes alternate and authentic assessment.
- Extensive use of case studies--Which offer students concrete examples of the process of appraisal and the use of particular tests.
- Helps students see the appraisal process. Ex. Cases from school and mental health settings.
- Examines and provides guidelines for testing--In different environments with different populations.
- Helps students see the appraisal process in diverse settings. Ex. Standards by professional organizations such as ACA, and APA are highlighted.
- Contains practical suggestions--For test selection, administration, and reporting results.
- Helps students put content into practice. Ex. Examples of interview scheduled, test reports are provided.
Publisher: Merrill Education/Prentice Hall
Year Published: 2000
Other Editions of Appraisal Procedures for Counselors and Helping Professionals: