Summary: For undergraduate courses in Arboriculture; Landscape Horticulture, Landscape Architecture, Landscape Management, or Landscape Construction; Park Management, Parks and Grounds Maintenance, Park & Recreation Administration, Nursery Management; and Urban Forestry. Edition/Copyright: 4TH 04
Regarded by many as an irreplaceable reference tool, this text describes the integration of the landscape environment (climate, soil, and related organisms), its effect on landscape plants, and ...show more how to manage both in order to obtain the desired results with reasonable effort. A comprehensive, analytic, and logically organized guide, Arboriculture is based on sound arboricultural experience and the latest applied research.
- NEW--Approaches to analyzing problems--Shows the specific solutions to local and regional situations.
- Provides students with the means to select the most appropriate solution to a particular problem.
- NEW--Extensively rewritten chapters--Contain updated information and the latest research available.
- Gives students the latest information and research based on sound arboricultural experience.
- NEW--Tables, figures, and boxes--Augment the text.
- Helps students understand how new research information is being applied in the field.
- NEW--Preview and review sections--Included in each chapter give a quick overview of the chapter as well as review important points to remember.
- Allows students to know what they need to learn in each chapter and then test their own knowledge.
- NEW--Case studies and real world examples are highlighted in boxes.
- Helps students understand how latest research is being applied in the field.
- Comprehensive bibliography (over 900 entries).
- Provides students with a valuable reference they can use on the job.
- Extensive glossary (over 390 terms).
- Helps students master the language of the trade and provides an excellent reference tool for on-the-job.
- Nutrient deficiencies text boxes--Provides concise summaries for each of 12 elements.
- Provides students with a quick reference guide and offers treatments for common problems.
- Focus on practical applications--Including tree growth and development, the uses of economic and environmental values of trees, and soil and sight analysis.
- Enables students to have the latest research findings and to apply them to situations they may encounter in their future careers.
- Measurements in metric units--Followed by non-metric equivalents in parentheses.
- Enables students to utilize the text as a valuable reference tool.
Publisher: Prentice Hall, Inc.
Year Published: 2004