Summary: New Features Edition/Copyright: 3RD 07
- New Connections, in-margin reproductions of art discussed earlier in the text, appear next to approximately 60 works. The student can compare the works side by side, rather than flipping back and forth.
- World geography is newly reinforced, with a world map printed at the front of the book and small maps at each chapter opener that highlight the region or regions being discussed. ...show more
- The book features a lush new full color design, aiming to present material clearly, with illustrations directly next to associated narrative and with minimal visual interruptions. Almost every image that includes color in the original is reproduced faithfully in the text. In addition, the third edition includes several new architectural and technical diagrams associated with the photographs.
- New Part openers, effective previews of the periods covered in each of the seven text parts briefly encapsulate the most significant characteristics of civilizations and cultures. The beautifully designed part openers are approximately 150 words in length, economically helping to place the art within its social and historical context.
- A new section of the Introduction treats formal elements and analysis of art, serving as a useful summary of the analysis and interpretations students will encounter throughout the textbook, and introducing them to ways of looking at art.
Publisher: McGraw-Hill Publishing Company
Year Published: 2007
Other Editions of Art Across Time, Volume I: