Literature can come alive! The Art of Literature CD-ROM gives students an extensive, interactive reference. Organized by genres, this CD-ROM includes video and audio clips, visuals for study, an interactive timeline, acces to The New York Times archive and 25,000 journal articles, and more.
- Demo available at http://www.vpg.com/artoflit_new/main.htm
- Video and audio clips of dramatic reenactments of selections, including Ernest Hemingway's A Clean, Well-Lighted Place, Edgar Allan Poe's The Tell-Tale Heart, Gwendolyn Brooks' We Real Cool, and Samuel Taylor Coleridge's Kubla Kahn.
- Writers on Writing video clips of author interviews--including Rita Dove and Alberto Rios.
- In Depth sections for fiction, poetry, and drama offer further analysis and interactive activities for select works including W.H. Auden's Musee de Beaux Arts and Sophocles' Oedipus
- Visuals for Study provides artwork related to literature pieces and photos of featured artists.
- An interactive timeline profilesthe major political, social, historical and literary events throughout history with embedded Weblinks.
- Interactive Literary Walking Tours of six geographical locations transport students to the cities and regions that served as both background and inspiration to renowned writers.
- Genre-specific essay exercises that help students analyze poetry, fiction, and drama.
- Free Online subscription link to Literature OneKey--offering a mini handbook, tutor center, Exchange, and a complete online research reference, The New York Times archive, 25,000 journal articles, Best of the Web Link Library, and more.