Summary: Whether a novice or an experienced speaker, every student will learn how to be a better public speaker through Lucas' clear explanations and thorough coverage. With the publication of the Eighth Edition, McGraw-Hill celebrates 20 years of Stephen Lucas' The Art of Public Speaking. By far the leading speech textbook of our time, Lucas has defined the art of being the best for more than six million students and instructors. Lucas' Integrated Teaching and Learning Syste ...show morem offers an Annotated Instructor's Edition, Instructor's Manual, and Test Bank all written by Stephen Lucas. These materials, as well as the new two-CD Student CD 3.0 and a standard-setting Online Learning Center website, are cross-referenced to produce an exemplary integrated pedagogic system. Edition/Copyright: 8TH 04
New to This Edition
- A new, exciting PowerPoint Appendix helps students create and effectively use PowerPoint presentations to accompany their speeches, and will help both novices and experienced users.
- New material addresses using the Internet for research, assessing Internet sources, and correctly citing Internet sources in a speech.
- New sections focus on the importance of persuasion and on ethics and persuasion.
- Updated sample speeches and examples appear throughout the book.
- A new PowerWeb supplement, now part of the Online Learning Center, posts the transcript of a recent public speech every two weeks, complete with an annotated template for analysis; includes articles on the rhetorical tradition and speech pretension, with an IM, test questions, a topic guide, and relevant websites listed for each article; and includes recent speeches on a variety of topics, with supplementary articles on the topic.
- Version 3.0 of the student CD has been reconceptualized to keep pace with the needs of today's students and with the latest technology. Its updated content includes more than 50 instructive video excerpts, as well as full student speeches.
- Creative activities, vivid examples, annotated speech samples, and a foundation of classic and contemporary rhetoric provide students a strong understanding of public speaking.
- The Lucas Integrated Teaching System continues to be one of the main reasons for the popularity of this text. Stephen Lucas writes the entire Annotated Instructor's Edition, Instructor's Manual, and Test Bank; these materials, as well as the CD and the Online Learning Center with PowerWeb that accompany the text, are cross-referenced to produce an outstanding integrated teaching system.
Publisher: McGraw-Hill Publishing Company
Year Published: 2004
Other Editions of Art of Public Speaking - With CD and Topic Finder: