Summary: Articulation and Phonological Disorders, Fifth Edition, presents a comprehensive review of information important to the study of clinical phonology. Edition/Copyright: 5TH 04
A leading book on clinical phonology, Articulation and Phonological Disorders was revised to keep this "classic" reference current and up-to-date. This text does not prescribe a single approach to phonological disorders but rather presents an eclectic perspective on the nature, assessment, and treatm ...show moreent of this communication impairment. The text includes an introduction to the normal aspects of speech sound articulation, normal phonological development, factors related to the presence of phonological disorders, the assessment and remediation of phonological disorders, phonology as it relates to language and dialectal variations.
This text is primarily concerned with those phonological disorders not etiologically associated with known or obvious sensory, structural, or neuromotor deficits.
- Outstanding summary of phonological acquisition information by leading researcher in this area, Marilyn May Vihman.
- Fully comprehensive and includes a current review of etiological variables.
- Thorough discussion of the assessment of phonologic disorders.
- Chapter introductions, summaries, charts, and graphs throughout the book aid students' comprehension.
- Coverage of dialects and phonologic characteristics of speakers whose first languages were those other than English.
- Coverage of developmental verbal dyspraxia and phonologic awareness.
New To This Edition :
- Updated to include new ideas, concepts, and issues advanced since the previous edition.
- Includes a new case study that reflects how the authors would handle a specific client with a phonological disorder.
- Features a new chapter on phonological awareness, co-authored by Laura Justice and C. Melanie Schuele.
- Changes in organizational structure have been made for ease of use.
- Updated review of broad-based intervention methodologies.
Publisher: Allyn & Bacon, Inc.
Year Published: 2004
Other Editions of Articulation and Phonological Disorders: