on Orders of $25 or more*
|Get your books quickly and easily... and pay nothing for shipping. Just order $25 or more and standard shipping is on us (excludes Marketplace and Rental offerings).|
|$3.99 flat rate|
|UPS 2nd Day Air*||$11.99 flat rate|
|UPS Next Day Air*||$19.98 flat rate|
* Not available for PO boxes and APO/FPO
** Saturday delivery is only available in certain areas. UPS standard rates apply.
*** Separate shipping rates apply for bulk orders
Summary: This exciting new cell biology text is designed for a one-semester, introductory course for instructors who wish to emphasize basic concepts and principles. This new text portrays how the process of scientific inquiry, an ongoing process, has led to our knowledge of how cells operate.Edition/Copyright: 97
Part I: Introduction: The Chemistry of Cells
Lab Tour: H. Robert Horvitz, Massachusetts Institute of Technology
1. The Challenges of Cell Biology
2. The Small Molecules of the Cell
4. The Directions and Rates of Biochemical Processes
Part II. The Functional Organization of Cells
Lab Tour: Ursula Goodenough, American University
5. How Do Biologists Study Cells? And What Have They Learned About Subcellular Organization?
6. Cell Membranes, Skeletons, and Surfaces
7. How Do Cells Make ATP? Cellular Respiration and Glycolysis
8. How Do Cells Get Energy From the Sun? Photosynthesis
Part III. The Continuity of Cellular Information
Lab Tour: Susan M. Abmayr, The Pennsylvania State University
9. Cell Reproduction
10. Chromosomes and the Life Cycle: The Role of Meiosis in Sexual Reproduction
11.Inheritance: Genes and Chromosomes
12. What is a Gene?
13. The Structure, Replication, and Repair of DNA
Part IV. Information Flow and Its Manipulation
Lab Tour: Michael Smith, University of British Columbia
14. How Does DNA Direct the Synthesis of Proteins?
15. How Do Cells Regulate Gene Expression?
16. Unconventional Genes
17. Genetic Manipulation and Recombinant DNA
Part V. Cell Specialization, Integration, and Evolution
Lab Tour: James Townsel, MeHarry Medical College
18. Cells and Movement
19. Chemical Signalling: Pheremones, Hormones, and Receptors
20. Cellular Contributions to Animal Development
21. Growth and Development of Flowering Plants
22. Cells, Cell Products, and the Immune Response
23. Cells of the Nervous System
24. How Did the First Cells Evolve?
Get Free Shipping on orders over $25 (not including Rental and Marketplace). Order arrives in 5-10 business days.
Need it faster?
We offer fast, flat-rate expedited shipping options.
|Sell it back by:|
|Guaranteed cash back:|
|Cost of this book|
after cash back:
Take advantage of Guaranteed Cash Back. Send your book to us in good condition before the end of the buyback period, we'll send YOU a check, and you'll pay less for your textbooks!
When you're done with this book, sell it back to Textbooks.com. In addition to the the best possible buyback price, you'll get an extra 10% cash back just for being a customer.
We buy good-condition used textbooks year 'round, 24/7. No matter where you bought it, Textbooks.com will buy your textbooks for the most cash.
Being online is not required for reading an eTextbook after successfully downloading it. You must only be connected to the Internet during the download process.
What is the Marketplace?
It's another way for you to get the right price on the books you need. We approved every Marketplace vendor to sell their books on Textbooks.com, so you know they're all reliable.
What are Marketplace shipping options?
Marketplace items do not qualify for free shipping. When ordering from the Marketplace, please specify whether you want the seller to send your book Standard ($3.99/item) or Express ($6.99/item). To get free shipping over $25, just order directly from Textbooks.com instead of through the Marketplace.
FREE UPS 2nd Day Air TermsRental and Marketplace items are excluded. Offer is valid from 1/21/2013 12:00PM to 1/23/2013 11:59AM CST. Your order must be placed by 12 Noon CST to be processed on the same day. Minimum order value is $100.00 excluding Rental and Marketplace items. To redeem this offer, select "FREE UPS 2ND DAY AIR" at checkout. Offer not is not valid on previous orders.