Summary: Assessment offers an expert and evenhanded perspective on both formal and informal classroom assessment. Long considered the standard, for its reviews of standardized tests in all areas of education, the text also incorporates such current methods as portfolio assessment, outcome-based assessment, observation, ecological assessment, and teacher-made tests. Twenty-five percent of the tests reviewed are new or revised in the Seventh Edition. In addition, a new introduct ...show moreory chapter establishes a decision-making framework for the text, discussing such issues as assessment as a national policy issue, reform and accountability, and the impact of diversity and demographics on assessment decision making. Edition/Copyright: 7TH 98
- Ecological classroom assessment has been thoroughly revised to include the most current research for designing and assessing effective learning environments.
- Special test review sections and a useful guide, How to Evaluate Tests, make this a professional handbook of test evaluations.
- The latest technology information includes the use of scoring disks, online testing, and Internet resources.
- Coping with Dilemmas in Current Practice sections have been updated to discuss thought-provoking issues on using standardized tests.
- Expanded diversity content includes new information on norms in testing and adapting tests for students with diverse or special needs.
Publisher: Houghton Mifflin Harcourt
Year Published: 1998