Summary: Succinct and up-to-date, Accommodations in School Assessment presents a systematic discussion of the use of assessment accommodations with two types of learners who have many assessment issues in common--students with disabilities and students from linguistically diverse backgrounds (ELL). Edition/Copyright: 04
Recent years have witnessed an increasing use of accommodations in school assessment, especially in large-scale achievement testing. This concise and practical text prov ...show moreides a balanced discussion on professional use of assessment accommodations and empirical research on the effects of various accommodations.
- Since the reasonable use of testing accommodations is not only an issue in large-scale standardized testing, but also in individual standardized testing and in classroom testing, this text discusses accommodations applicable to various school testing and assessment situations.
- While most current discussion on the use of testing accommodations focus primarily on achievement tests, this text expands this focus to include other tests, such as measures of cognitive abilities, language, or other skills.
- Maintains a balanced discussion between the practical and the research aspects of assessment accommodations by including in several relevant chapters a review of the empirical research on the use of assessment accommodations as well as the effects of accommodations on test properties and test performance.
- Integrates into various chapters the use of testing accommodations for students with sensory disabilities--visual impairment, hearing difficulties, physical disabilities--further diversifying the scope of special needs students addressed.
- Includes a discussion on the use of alternative strategies, such as performance assessment and portfolio assessment.
Publisher: Allyn & Bacon, Inc.
Year Published: 2004