Summary: Quick, comprehensive writing guidance at a low cost--the At a Glance series can be paired with any developmental title or used independently. This flexible series includes a separate textbook for sentences, paragraphs, essays, and a reader. Each book features clear, concise instruction reinforced by extensive practice, exercises, and examples.Edition/Copyright: 3RD 06
The Third Edition of At Glance: Sentences continues to focus on the essential grammar and sentence mechanics. In ad ...show moredition, the text features twenty-six new exercises in sentence writing, a section on sentence variety, and new suggested writing topics.
- Straightforward advice on writing, with extensive practice and abundant explanations and examples.
- A clear, concise discussion of writing strategies includes examples from student writing to illustrate all stages of the writing process.
- Classroom-tested exercises help students with sentence, paragraph and essay organization.
- Career-related and reading-related writing assignments capture students' interest, and questions on the readings stimulate discussion, writing, and critical thinking.
- A self-evaluation chart helps students measure their own writing progress and identify their difficulties.
- A writer's checklist at the end of every chapter outlines the stages of the writing process.
Publisher: Houghton Mifflin Harcourt
Year Published: 2006
Other Editions of At a Glance : Sentences: