Summary: Master today's toolmaking equipment
Here, fully updated to include new machines and electronic and digital controls, is the ultimate guide to automated machines and toolmaking. Whether you're a professional machinist, an apprentice, or a trade student, this fully illustrated volume helps you work with metal-safely, precisely, efficiently-using today's tools and techniques. It's packed with review questions for students, and loaded with answers you need on the job.
...show more* Understand automated machine fundamentals and work with jigs and fixtures
* Learn the basics of spiral and helix milling, gear cutting, and cam machining
* Discover how to cut, punch, or shape a die with minimum waste
* Master the operations of today's grinders and lapping machines
* Find out all about toolmaking, from allowances and tolerances to layouts and master plates
* Follow the clear, step-by-step illustrations to gain a hands-on knowledge of techniques and procedures ...show less